Digital Speedometer

MafiaMustang

Nov 4, 2016
I'm looking to convert my 1990 fox over to a digital speedometer. A few reasons.. I keep burning the cable even when I ziptie it out of the way. Also I like it better. I've looked online and haven't found much on doing a conversion or parts available. If anyone has done it or has any Ideas I would to hear about them.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on how wild you want to go. Dakota digital makes some nice stuff and I've been looking into one of their digital dash setups

Not digital, but fully electronic and some models will display other info other than the standard 6 guages.

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

My Autometer speedometer is electronic, no cable. There is a speed sensor that fits in place of the cable in the transmission. A second nice feature is that it is easily calibrated to suit whatever gears or tire size you choose to run.

Just find the issue and fix the cable. There has to be more to it, there are literally hundreds of engine and header combinations that work just fine with the stock cable.

Spending a grand on something that doesn't look right in an 80's car isn't worth the time or money and probably headaches of the install.

There also used to be a night rider looking setup too back in the day, it was awful in person.