Direct 5.0 to SN94 swap?

DigitalGhost

Nov 10, 2006
Portland, OR
I wanted to know if it's possible to take the entire rear end from a SN94/95 and drop it into a 90 5.0LX. I know you can use the front spindles and hubs from an SN94/95 and put them in a 5.0 but the rear assembly I'm not sure about.

Is there a guide detailing this or does anyone know if it's a direct swap? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure what an SN94 is, but yes you can swap the Entire Rear Assembly from a 94-98 GT as it will be a direct bolt up, the Housing itself is exactly the same from 86-98.

Not sure what an SN94 is, but yes you can swap the Entire Rear Assembly from a 94-98 GT as it will be a direct bolt up, the Housing itself is exactly the same from 86-98.

SN94-SN95 sames things different years. The rear end will bolt as stated, but it is longer overall. The wheels will fill the wells more than the 87-93 rea raxle will. They are disc brakes too, so you will need the calipers,rotors, brackets,lines, things like that. I think E-brake cables too.

Well I wanted to try and find the complete rear end in tact in a u-pull-it yard or something. Just yank the entire rear end, brakes and everything and slap that into the Fox.

Anyone have a list of exactly what I'd need as far as brake lines, e-brake, etc? If I yank the entire rear end, rotors and all, what will I need to get functional brakes?

Well I wanted to try and find the complete rear end in tact in a u-pull-it yard or something. Just yank the entire rear end, brakes and everything and slap that into the Fox.

Anyone have a list of exactly what I'd need as far as brake lines, e-brake, etc? If I yank the entire rear end, rotors and all, what will I need to get functional brakes?

Again the 94-98 is a direct bolt in. There are several other things you need to take car of such as the Booster and M/C, gut your Stock Prop Valve and add an Adj Prop Valve, if your car is 87-92 you need the Ford Racing Cables and 93 Cables are different, you will also need to modify your handbrake to work with rear discs.

Master cylinder, and you don't need the booster most of the time.
Me personally, i wouldn't do it. The rear is wider and will limit rim/tire choices, you can always add space with a more narrow rear, but you can't take it away.

I think it's 3/4 inch per side. May not sound like alot, but i've seen plenty of posts here of guys complaining about rubbing when done that way. Your rim offset choice will have to be very close.

Its 3/4" per side and its not a big deal, once again the Housing is EXACTLY the same, plus those are the Axles that Ford put in the M2300K Kit and the same as what came in the 93 Cobra R. If you are wanting massive rear tires then go just with Northcar Brackets.