Direct Wiring Fog Lights To Headlights

V6-2002

Jun 3, 2012
I am planning to install fog lights in my 2002 mustang v6. I want the fog light should be on when low beam head lights. Also I will omit the the switch (switch SPST) and run the wire direct from low beam to 85.
driving_lights.jpg

I found this diagram to wire up the fog lights. Just want to make sure this will work before I start tapping wires. Thanks guys for your time and suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

Since there is a factory option for fog lights, if this were my car I would first look to see if the factory wires are in place. It may be possible to add the option by adding a relay into a factory location and fuses into factory locations.

This avoids "hacking up" factory wiring and the reduction of re-sale value that will follow. Using the factory wiring has the advantage of being documented which will make trouble shooting so much easier.

If interested in getting a copy of the Ford service manual and wiring diagrams I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

Very nice suggestion. If these could be the after effects, I will definitely re-think before installing fog lights.

Where I can get the service manual copy? Thanks for your help. Its 2002 mustang v6 convertible.

yeah, i added foglights to my base v6 and found out that over 50 percent of the wires were already sitting under the console i just needed to get the wire from the fire wall to the relay and then the foglight pigtails themselves. the only problem with doing this the ford factory way and making it right is it takes a long time and you have to find a wire harness from a wrecked mustang and tear the harness apart to get what you need, also the low beam issue, if you put your foglights in ford factory style your foglights will only come on with your low beams, and shut off when your brights come on, so if you by pass that then your foglights will always be on when your headlights are on which isn't a bad thing in my mind

Also heres a link to the 2002 service manuals
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...erGuidePage&year=2002&make=Ford&model=Mustang