Disappointed with new California Special

I recently bought a 2007 Mustang GT/CS(1 month ago).I am extremely happy with it, consider all you get with the car its worth the money my car has every option except shaker 1000(500) instead and i get compliments everywhere i go.I recently started modding it so i'm happy.By the way car sticker at over $31,000 I paid $29,000 + they tinted my windows for free.Soon to put pics up.

• Sponsors (?)

Mark25 said:
I so somewhat agree that it is nothing more than a bit more dressed up GT. I personally can't see spending the additional $3-4K more on it....but to each his own...

Where did you get 3-4k more? The package is only 1895 which includes the 18" polished wheels. Take that out of the price and you paid 1k for the interior and front and rear fascia. Sure some dealers are trying to make people pay more for a limited run but there are a lot that are not. I paid $50 over invoice and have not had any complaints.

fastmustang said:
I know that you can get one of the CS packages at invoice or close. There are problems with them though. The side vents infront of the of rear wheels are only double stick taped on. They all fall off. The front air dam looks great. IBefore you buy one look at the bottom of it. They are all getting scraped coming off the truck. It is also priced too high for just an appearance package.:nono:

I have not heard of any falling off. Where did you hear such a thing? I would like to check it out. I also have no scrapes on mine. And have yet to even scrap when driving. I have a friend that has a 2000 Trans Am and scraps things I do not come close to. I think you are making things up. If not show me where.

By any chance, is the side stripe on the GT/CS removable at all? If it weren't for that stripe I would definately get the package. I don't mind it on 3 of the 4 colors, but the one color I want (Vista Blue) I would rather do a white stripe package and don't think the black stripe would look very good along with the white.

blbrchnk said:
By any chance, is the side stripe on the GT/CS removable at all? If it weren't for that stripe I would definately get the package. I don't mind it on 3 of the 4 colors, but the one color I want (Vista Blue) I would rather do a white stripe package and don't think the black stripe would look very good along with the white.
Can not be ordered with a stripe delete. ONly comes in black. Even on a black car.
To remove it just needs to heated with a hair dryer.

radtexas said:
Where did you get 3-4k more? The package is only 1895 which includes the 18" polished wheels. Take that out of the price and you paid 1k for the interior and front and rear fascia. Sure some dealers are trying to make people pay more for a limited run but there are a lot that are not. I paid $50 over invoice and have not had any complaints.

I have not heard of any falling off. Where did you hear such a thing? I would like to check it out. I also have no scrapes on mine. And have yet to even scrap when driving. I have a friend that has a 2000 Trans Am and scraps things I do not come close to. I think you are making things up. If not show me where.
I work at a Ford Dealership.

blbrchnk said:
Thats what I meant, can it be removed once the car is received. The hair dryer trick will work and not harm anything?

Yeah our detail department took the stickers on the v-6 mustang all the time. Ask the dealer to do it. They should do it at no charge and all the liability is now in the dealers hands if anything is damaged. Make sure they put it in writing on the buyers order that they will remove it.

Mark25 said:
I so somewhat agree that it is nothing more than a bit more dressed up GT. ...

And how is that different than the original GT/CS? It was just a cosmetic dressup package as well. The High Country Special from '66 had even less dress up items than the California Special. Both are highly sought after today.

in my opinion i really like the cs....i know is only dress up stuff, but i like it...for me it came down to price. i could have got a blue cs for 29700. but i got my green 06 (new)leftover for 24300. and i always liked the green so my decision was easy. but i like the cs

cal special 2007

FNG 2001 said:
Does anybody here even have one? If so, please post pics of exterior and interior; specifically the CS items that are part of the package. Thanks!
well i have been waiting and the call came today i pick mine up next week in texas ill post some pics when i get back and i paid lest than what you can get a full gt vert for :flag: tom black 2007 cal special with black stipe and light bar vert.

cal special

radtexas said:
Gladly. :D No good picture of the rear fascia but same as the white one posted above.
And being in Texas I am glad they went nation wide. Why limit from the rest of the world? your correct and a nice ride i orded mine in black with the rouch light bar comes monday in houston where did you get your brake light cs gt Tom:flag:

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc62BFxFbpHdx5uUr1RWV37h8QXetJGwVNpMg9fJr8oVcyD73VIj_xnLnHddn3x6YLXqsHkFndWhZVvmFRRwUDbT2PfNU8tSU-Q_WqSYlXlwstPwq-q9ZlK4

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc2jNz4DPcnaIfJahn0P2SA9dycO9wZJ1v5NTIkBBPZVgxFOa8lvyjFrzIx9-L3F2H2tlDjI26DTVyRYbe6Yj-2DpSx8ROT7j8T1H5eKbNm_rbBh5M7wD5D8

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc9QR-RWfEdeAkmjClnXEtPpJpV9ckael_T9HOHWyeWn6dePSvtY6IpL60G25RZ-fgyyIxEraQo1DjNTUer4yiEg_e6Fw920Dm8i5QZQxiMXOWemsAmIjWIg

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc48CRQkR4tyOevUxg0EKafgS7S8-kFy9ympyj5BPs9J6inFK-_i4JfgHO7ACr7jpeQjoIrROv0Hd88KbbSIubok0pUfwwyRQa3ewsDAJNGs-t11tsgNXIV8

68 was a dressup package

68 and the 2007 are both dress up package s i think you get the bang for the buck its a gt premium first lots of people all want the 18 wheels the 2 tones seats are cool lots of people order the side scoups aftermarket its a differnt facisa and they are limited looks like less than the gt500 i wish they had added a little more power . the gt350 h is just a cal special with a shelby hood and ford cold air

I love my 07 GT/CS. I get looks and questions everywhere I go. People here is SC want to know where I had that package added to the GT and they are supprised when I tell them it came from the factory. Mine is vista blue with black/dove interior, and a 5 speed.

Holy crap Mustgt89 I was just about to make a post asking if anyone had pics of the black/dove interrior because I was going to order a vista blue gt/cs and i didn't know if I wanted the black/parchment or the black/dove interrior. I haven't been able to find the black/dove pics anywhere. If you had any would you mind posting them for me? Thanks

2007 Knobs

I have a vista blue GT CS and I just love the car. This is my 5th mustang and by far the very best. I get looks everywhere I go from people trying to figure out what it is.

My boyfriend was trying to get aftermarket parts for the interior and that when we found out that the a/c / heat knobs will not come off. Anyone know anything on these yet????

I never saw anything special about the 68 GT/CS cars either. Just a notchback with Shelby body add-ons. Same car was offered in Colorado as the High Country special.:shrug: Nothing on either that you couldn't add on yourself for less money.