Disappointed with new California Special

• Sponsors (?)

I've noticed quite a few GTs in each of the Ford dealerships (the $150k GT). There was a retro schemed GT and a red one at a local dealership.

FWIW, I rather like the 2 tone colors, but not that charcoal/camel combo. I prefer the light graphite interior with the black seats and black carpet, but I was not about to pay $300 for a color combo change that costs $0 at the factory.

I saw the GT/CS package in person and while it wasn't too shabby, i wasn't going to pay that much money for some body cladding. While the rear diffuser is the same as the GT500, I wasn't impressed by the other parts enough to go with the GT/CS.

2007 Knobs

There are companies working on this right now. none have aproduct out yet. But they should be soon.

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep looking around to see who will make the replacement part first. I know that someone will since I was just at a show here back in November and every new mustang that I looked at had all of the knobs changed out and it made the interior's look so much nicer.

68 and the 2007 are both dress up package s i think you get the bang for the buck its a gt premium first lots of people all want the 18 wheels the 2 tones seats are cool lots of people order the side scoups aftermarket its a differnt facisa and they are limited looks like less than the gt500 i wish they had added a little more power . the gt350 h is just a cal special with a shelby hood and ford cold air

My thoughts when I ordered my GT/CS. I sat and starting checking off all the goodies that I would add to the GT. By the time I got done, I had most of the extras that come on the CS. So, for the extra $1900 or so (probably similar in price to what I was adding anyway), not only did I get all the extras I wanted anyway, but I got a lower front fascia, some CS labeled items, the side scoops, a unique color combo for the interior, and the rims I wanted. I'd say it was worth it. It also stands apart a little from the standard GT.

Lots of folks on this board are going to mod their cars anyway. So, the CS probably seems like a waste. But, plenty of folks simply buy a GT, leave it stock, and drive the wee out of it. For those folks, the CS will probably stand out a bit more. Also, I have been buying my Fords from a fleet manager friend for years and my out the door price will be about the same as a GT anyway. Could Ford have separated it a bit more? I suppose so. But, look at all the rumors of other custom models destined for the future. It's just like stringing out a dope fiend. You don't give them the whole stash all at once, you just keep them coming back for more a little at a time...........:D

cs_012.jpg

I like mine same car almost as the Shelby GT & 10,000 less.

I never cared for the hood scoop. First, it looks like a tin can and second, it looks llike an afterthought. Third, if it is not functional does it create some level of drag or is it negligable? There, I plunked in my 2 cents.