Discuss Lower Control Arms here

"These are the only control arms available that have spherical bearings at both ends, and yet do not require a coil-over conversion kit. MM's Engineering Team solved the problem of keeping the control arm upright, stable, and aligned with the chassis, when the springs are left in the stock location. We did this by designing a urethane "bumper" that is located around the spherical bearing, between the chassis and the end of the control arm. The bumpers are at only one end of the control arm, the chassis end. The bumpers keep the control arms aligned with the chassis, but are not so stiff as to cause an increase in suspension bind. The large Teflon-lined spherical bearings at both ends of the MM Extreme-Duty control arms completely eliminate the deflection allowed by urethane bushings during hard launches. This reduces axle windup, and allows the car to react more quickly. Unlike more commonly used bushing materials such as hard urethane, Delrin, or steel, spherical bearings allow proper articulation of the rear suspension. This eliminates torque box damage caused by suspension bind."

• Sponsors (?)

The Mustang tuner near me runs stock Ford uppers on his notch. His best 1/4 mile was in the 9's. That is enough proof to me not to buy them for my Cobra. I have them on my notch, but I got a nice deal on all 4.

Yeah the broke UPR uppers were on my buddies car. He called upr and told them what happened and they never called him back or anything. I would never buy any cheap control arms especially from UPR. He didn't have many miles on them. I would go with a set Like MM or maybe BMR. They look like they have good products. I know the camaros and firebirds have good luck with BMR. http://www.bmrfabrication.com/Mustang.htm

"The MM Extreme-Duty Rear Lower Control Arms should be used for any form of drag racing. Repeated standing-start launches will eventually damage urethane bushings"

I think that is funny. What do people do at the start of autocross races? Drag racing is hard on a car only at the start. Road racing/DE/autocrossing is hard on a car all the time. I'm not knocking MM parts, but

Why sell parts for a street Mustang that can't take repeated hard standing starts? If it can't take what the stockers can take, why should I buy it? For the bushings?

That was my point....MM parts are top notch, but they shouldnt make the HD's period IMO. Its not like my car is some crazy 600 rwhp monster...were talkin bout 287 rwhp. Its funny too, because Im always raving about how good MM's parts are, & really they are the best, but the HD's suck if u launch, or drive your car hard because they will eventually blow out...The stock rubber bushings will hold up to agressive launches better than the poly HD ones will, but they will wear out quicker over the years. BUt no matter what, the HD's are still better quality than all the other junk LCA's out there like BBK, UPR, Granatelli, etc....

Its not too expensive or hard to change the bushings on the HD's though, but it is a hassle...

I think Im just gonna have my axle tubes welded, and maybe take a look at the torque boxes as well. What kind of sixty foots do you all think 290-310rwhp with stock suspension on slicks can pull? Im guessing mid 1.7's.

I think Im just gonna have my axle tubes welded, and maybe take a look at the torque boxes as well. What kind of sixty foots do you all think 290-310rwhp with stock suspension on slicks can pull? Im guessing mid 1.7's.

My buddy has a fox body with stock boxed control arms, strange 10 way adjustables, cut stock springs, & MT ET streets, & he pulls consistent 1.6 60 ft times...

definitely reinforce those torque boxes though...

My buddy has a fox body with stock boxed control arms, strange 10 way adjustables, cut stock springs, & MT ET streets, & he pulls consistent 1.6 60 ft times...

definitely reinforce those torque boxes though...

how much HP/tq does the guy have? Ive seen fox body cars rip some nasty sixty foot times with not much power. Is the car stock on the front end, k member?

how much HP/tq does the guy have? Ive seen fox body cars rip some nasty sixty foot times with not much power. Is the car stock on the front end, k member?

Not sure, but his car has a 306 with AFR 185's, holley systemax intake, & an S Trim...Also has a tubular K member, a arms & front coilovers with lakewoods up front, but a stock as a rock rear suspension with the exception of the strange 10 ways & boxed control arms. He consistetly ran 10.6 on the stock bottom end, but has since stepped up to the 306 with forged internals... Here is a vid of his car with the stock bottom end & stock T5 runnin 10.68 @ 131... Hes hoping for low 10's with the new combo.....I 4 got 2 mention...MY BUDDY CAN DRIVE!!!!!

Video clip....10.68 @ 131....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHv0kSdYbcw

Heres a couple of pics of his car (it was primered & under construction still at the time of that video)...He just ordered the new fox Saleen dd replicas in 17x8 7 17x10...his car is gonna look bad@$$ & kick major @$$ on the track next summer....
DSCN1893.jpg
DSCN1869.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1893.jpg
    DSCN1893.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1869.jpg
    DSCN1869.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 38
very nice car, epik, thanks for the info. However, that 306 and s trim launching is not like an na 2v. Glad he got a paint job on that thing. It look sick!