Discuss Lower Control Arms here

• Sponsors (?)

I plan on running my car at the local dragstrip.

i recommend getting FL SFC's for dragging to keep you body stable and not mess up your hood gaps, lol. But you dont need LCA's to go to the track. I put in some pretty good times out at Infineon w/ basically no drag helping suspension - i wouldn't aim for great 60's first few times out anyway - need to get in the rhythm.
If you get good and 60's are your main problem, then slap on some more rubber - then if you need lower 60's i'd say install some LCA's. But this is just my opinion

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the only way to find out is to see what happens when I go out there for the first time. I plan on racing with street tires so should I avoid the burnout area?

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the only way to find out is to see what happens when I go out there for the first time. I plan on racing with street tires so should I avoid the burnout area?

dont drive through the water box, but do a quick little burnout just to get all the dirt, rocks, & debris off your tires....

I agree that SFC's would be a better 1st suspension mod, but LCA's are a great mod too. Just make sure that if your gonna be running your car at the track, get the MM extreme duty LCA's because u will blow out the poly bushings on the Heavy duty LCA's, quicker than u will blow out your stock rubber bushings on the stock LCA's....

dont drive through the water box, but do a quick little burnout just to get all the dirt, rocks, & debris off your tires....

I agree that SFC's would be a better 1st suspension mod, but LCA's are a great mod too. Just make sure that if your gonna be running your car at the track, get the MM extreme duty LCA's because u will blow out the poly bushings on the Heavy duty LCA's, quicker than u will blow out your stock rubber bushings on the stock LCA's....

I'm goona take my car to the track rarely, not as often as people think. What would be the best, stalling or flashing the converter to get better ET's?

No prob....

I just noticed your in Fresno... what track are u going to? I live in Sacramento btw....

I really dig your sig pic too, where did u get that??

Yeah, I'm actually going to Famoso in Bakersfield but that can change if they build the racetrack in Merced in the future. It's suppose to be a really nice one too:nice: Man I haven't been to Sac for a while. Last time I was there was for a State tournament in Judo. Thanks, I forgot where I got my sig pic from. It's old:)

Btw, what SFC's would you recommend? MM, Steeda or Ford Racing?

with a stock TC, you dont really need to worry about what it's doing. Just rev it up to as much as your tires and suspension can take w/out burning out at the launch- and lift off the brake. Took me a few runs just to dial in where i should drop it from, it depends on where you make your power and the stall of your TC. I forget what i dropped it at cuz my tach wokrs on and off, lol.

with a stock TC, you dont really need to worry about what it's doing. Just rev it up to as much as your tires and suspension can take w/out burning out at the launch- and lift off the brake. Took me a few runs just to dial in where i should drop it from, it depends on where you make your power and the stall of your TC. I forget what i dropped it at cuz my tach wokrs on and off, lol.

I believe my stock converter stalls up to 1500rpm before my tires starts to spin. What SFC's do you recommend? Get your tach fixed man, lol.

I believe my stock converter stalls up to 1500rpm before my tires starts to spin. What SFC's do you recommend? Get your tach fixed man, lol.

That's not really how it works, but for now it doesn't matter either way. As for SFC's i hear MM is the best just like the rest of their stuff, but i have no first hand experience as to my knowledge they wont fit w/ my side pipes being in the way. As for my tach, when i floor it it has a 50% chance of going all the way around the wrong way and staying there until i floor it again.

New question:
If I were to add a set of lower control arms, would it actually raise the rear of my car? It is lowered with Ford C springs. If so, I am thinking about getting the aluminum steeda weight jacker adjustable control arms. I would like to keep my current ride height. The Steeda's are kinda pricey, but just about every adjustable set is.

Anyone know of some adjustables with a comparable price to the Steeda's? I found these, http://www.hotpart.com/index.php?p=show&id=8, but the way they are put together looks like it would put alot of stress on the welds below the spring perch.

I recommend MM SFC's & their adjustable LCA's, as well as everything they make.....But if u plan on going to the track, the poly bushings in the Heavy Duty LCA's will blow out sooner or later. I speak from experience because Ive replaced my driver side bushing twice already....Thats why I have now stepped up to the Extreme duty version with the spherical bearing at both ends....

TIM2002GT, your ride height will not change with the installation of LCA's, unless u get the height adjustable ones like MM or steeda....With the MM's u can lower your car by 1", or raise it by 2"...Not too sure about the specs on the steeda's?