Dissapointed / Ashamed / Happy Mixed feelings

m0l0

Nov 20, 2005
Hi there :SNSign:

Well I am in a not so good mood, we had here a 1/4 mile event which i asisted and it was basically a Camaro/Transam vs. Mustang event.

Well there where all kind of cars in the camaro side they where "stock" ones and all bolted on Ls1/Lt1 even one LS1 with a single turbo..

Mind telling you my first run was vs. a 07 all kind of bolt-on car with good nice and fatty Nittos 555R on the back, and I made a good burnout on my horrible and bald BF Goodrich 245/45/17@20 psi, stock rims, and daaaang I was so slow on the 20ft that he handed me like 5 cars just on the jump :jaw: well. after that demonstration of low traction I saw that i just left one wheel burn :mad: , I had the suspect that my positrack was a toast , but this confirmed it.

I then went with a "stock" ls1 automatic, this was getting better i was 1.5 cars behind him all the time but he got me on the jump, the owner told me that he had suspension work + typical ls1 cheap/easy mods. I was not pulling him neither he was pulling me; it was just the damm reaction + traction issues I had.

So well I don’t know how much a stock ls1 can put but i have seen them around 300-310 rwhp on stock trim, so i have an estimated number of the rwhp I am putting on the ground.

The other cars where just amazing to see the most impressive camaros where 2 ls1´s one with H/C/I + 150 shot and other with cam also + 6 psi turbo.

• Sponsors (?)