Distributer for 351 swap.?In my 95 Gt

I just dropped a 351 SVO engine in my 95.I got a distributer for a 94 F-150 at the local parts house.I got one with a iron gear because my motor is not a roller.The problem is the new dist. wont fit?It is like it is to long or something.Has any body ever ran into this?What distributer will fit.Help!! I am lost here.Could my SVO block be differant than other 351s.Any help will be awesome,Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Did you get one for a 351w or 302? They have different sized oil pump drive shafts. If you did get the correct distributor, the shaft probably isn't dropping completely onto the driveshaft. (You might have to spin the engine just a little, to clock the dist to the shaft.)

Its for a 351.I think its droppin down on the shaft.I found something last night that said heavy duty oilshafts are longer and to get it to seat you will have to cut .1/4 in off the end of your distributer.Have you ever heard of this?I measured and I am exactly 1/4 inch from seating.

Its for a 351.I think its droppin down on the shaft.I found something last night that said heavy duty oilshafts are longer and to get it to seat you will have to cut .1/4 in off the end of your distributer.Have you ever heard of this?I measured and I am exactly 1/4 inch from seating.

If that's the case, I think I'd rather just get a regular stock oil pump shaft.