Jul 29, 2013
Now what? Tech from my
Work says It will fall the to drain
Pan.

Any ideas? I'm just trying to get This gt40 intake on and
Have no extra
Budget currently

• Sponsors (?)

Can you see it? You might can try to fish it with a magnet. A buddy of mine dropped the front nut for the intake manifold down there. He used a magnet to find it through the front oil drain plug. It was too big to get out, so he used another magnet to hold it in place. To the best of my knowledge, he is still riding around that way after 5 or 6 years.

Joe

Reactions: 2 users
get a magnet and glue it to the end of a long wooden dowel and hopefully you can get to it. If not you are pulling the pan off.
Can you see it? You might can try to fish it with a magnet. A buddy of mine dropped the front nut for the intake manifold down there. He used a magnet to find it through the front oil drain plug. It was too big to get out, so he used another magnet to hold it in place. To the best of my knowledge, he is still riding around that way after 5 or 6 years.

Joe

That's what he said. Put a few magnets around and it will eventually
Stick too it

I'd try to use a flexible magnet tool. I have a couple of these, they are worth it and have saved me many headaches.
hipping-2015-new-utility-magnetic-pickup-Magnets-to-pick-up-take-home-essential-tools-Automotive.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
One more thing. Something I'm sure you're completely aware of now (after the fact). Remove distributor bolt, SET ASIDE, then remove distributor, shove a clean rag in the hole to cover it up which will help keep foreign material from falling inside engine. This can be applied to just about anything on the engine like when you remove the upper intake, you should put tape (2" masking tape) over the intake holes.

Best of luck removing that bolt.

One more thing. Something I'm sure you're completely aware of now (after the fact). Remove distributor bolt, SET ASIDE, then remove distributor, shove a clean rag in the hole to cover it up which will help keep foreign material from falling inside engine. This can be applied to just about anything on the engine like when you remove the upper intake, you should put tape (2" masking tape) over the intake holes.

Best of luck removing that bolt.

So I got this bolt out... took the timing cover off and it was wedged under the oil pump. Hopefully no one else does this because it was a bitch

Reactions: 1 users
if you started the car, it would have come out eventually ya know.. :jester: Glad you got it out.

Thanks. It was not fun but in the process I got the timing done correctly and found out my throttle sensor wasn't working properly so I'm gonna test it later and it should have a little more get up. the gt40 intake i put on isn't going to do much if anything, until I get a throttle body tho I'm sure.

Thanks. It was not fun but in the process I got the timing done correctly and found out my throttle sensor wasn't working properly so I'm gonna test it later and it should have a little more get up. the gt40 intake i put on isn't going to do much if anything, until I get a throttle body tho I'm sure.

You'll notice a difference in the upper rpms . I had one on my stock headed motor years ago . The heads are still the choke point though .

You'll notice a difference in the upper rpms . I had one on my stock headed motor years ago . The heads are still the choke point though .

Well I still have a dinky stock throttle body so that's probably choking it as well. I need to figure out other problems first. My car has a bad driveline vibration. I got a aluminum driveshaft thinking it would help but it didn't. I know my motor mounts are junk but what else could it be

Hate to sound simplistic, are your wheels balanced?

Yes I just got 4 new tires and had them balanced. Although this did help it narrowed down the vibration to the shifter and under my seat. I don't feel anything in the steering wheel. The aluminum driveshaft did help somewhat also but it doesn't feel smooth as I think it should. I have the dog bone off the rear end , some people say this helps vibration but if so then why does everyone take them off. I know the motor mounts are bad and I have a issue with the clutch because the previous owner. He must not of resurfaced the fly wheel when replacing the clutch because when you go to engage the clutch it makes the car shake and does this until the clutch pedal is all the way out. I just had the rear end rebuilt with 4.10s so I'm sure that extra rpm in every gear is not helping this unbalance.