DIY air to air intercooler on Kenne Bell for 92 LX

• Sponsors (?)

Update the stock short block is done and in the process of removal. Project 363 is underway. I just ordered from Fordstrokers a Dart block with all forged internal and its gonna be a 363 cid. Anyone looking for a good and reputable engine builder should look into Fordstrokers.com.

Cracked up......Well in the end the added power from the additional 3 psi pushed the block past its limits. Last fall the dyno at 14 psi put out 431 hp and 524 tq and with 17 psi this spring who know, but it was too much to bear for the stock block. My brother and I pulled the motor today and upon disassembly of the block, the crank main caps came off showing severe scoring on the bearing surface right down to copper color. After pulling the crank and cam you could see she was split right down the middle from the top of the lifter valley down to the main webs from end to end. I had a hard time to get the cam out as the middle of the block had distorted and crushed the center cam bearings. Funny that I drove it like this for 3 days :eek:, the groaning sound must have been the crushed cam bearing. Well I'm glad I'm going Dart block with forged internals. I feel justified and well almost as if I've earned it now:salute:.

crackedblock015.jpg

crackedblock014.jpg

crackedblock011.jpg

crackedblock009.jpg

crackedblock003.jpg

Yes the tune went well, you posted some pics for me on a different site, I can not wait to see your new engine and how much power you put down.

JJ its important for the A2A build to have feedback as far as the tunning aspect goes. If you could post on the corral and here how the car drives with the A2A and how hard it was to tune. Maybe a comparison from what it felt like stock to A2A from a drive ability stand point as well.

The tune for my A2A was easy for TJ at Baker Engineering. The car is a blast to drive I bought the Kennedy Bell and converted to the A2A so I do not no what the the car would have drove like with just the standard Kenne Bell.