DIY Front Air Dam plug/fiber BUILD

DIY Front Air Dam plug/fiber BUILD PICS ADDED

Sup everyone, great website. I have my 89 lx getting ready for some body work since the weather is starting to break. Iv done a lot of body work to the car already because it was hacked up with an ax when i got it. Iv been driving it with flat black primer for a few years since iv done all the major body work a few years ago. but now the primer is faded and i hit a deer so now its time to get some work done again. I had a gt kit on for the longest time, but now i want to go back to the original lx style. the lx is just very basic and i think it will flow good with the way im going with the car. i want to make my own custom lip kit with a nice 3 dam style air dam for the front, and i also wanna fit projectors in the air dam for some nice custom fog lights :) kinda like the saleen lip but alil different with slightly bigger air dams so i can rout the dams to the brakes and also show off the intercooler :D Im not going for anything too aggressive, just sleek, clean, and a little different then what anyone else has. My plan is to build up insulation foam and shape it for days till its perfectly smooth the way i want it so i could make a fiberglass mold out of it. This is going to take some time to do a full kit but it will get done. For now im starting off with the front air dam, and hopefully this will take off well. wish me luck :nice:

heres some pics

DIY Front air dam BUILD 2010 pictures by t88stang - Photobucket

• Sponsors (?)

I think it looks like a cool design, little more to the new nascar dam look at the bottom. I'd like to see more.

As far as the cowl goes, anything is fixable with glass it's just a matter of how bad you want to do it. I really can't tell where the damage is but most of the time you just grind away material, lay on a little cloth, use the resin, sand, use filler to fine tune and smooth. I have a corner that is broke off on a cowl hood I am going to fix one of these day unless I pawn it off first. If you are going to build the dam from scratch, the hood should be cakewalk.

Good luck on the project, I look forward to updates.

Small Update

I haven't worked on this in a while. been busy with work and what not but i picked where i left off the other day and got the sides pretty carved up and i widened the air dams alil bit. i opened up the middle alil more to look meaner and to keep my intercooler nice and cool.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0132-1.jpg

IMAG0131-1.jpg

IMAG0130-1.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

still needs alot of work but it'l get there. the weather is starting to get better up here in new england so il be workin on this.