Do ducktail spoilers exist?

LIZARDKING

Nov 16, 2004
Hell
I did a search, 3 pages of results.

Does anyone actually have a ducktail spoiler on thier Mustang. If so, can you post a pic and explain the install process, ie: how many holes have to be drilled. I would really like one, but Im having trouble with the idea of drilling into my new baby.

• Sponsors (?)

Order your Stang W/O the wing, otherwise you will have to fill the holes from that stock wing as the ducktails do not reach that far over the deck lid. And yes there are numerous ones out there, CDC, Xenon, Roush, 3Dcarbon, MRX. The CDC is the best looking by far (IMHO)(and I have it)not yet installed, as other mods are in the works. (Hey, Archiea...OlDave here!!)

My vote goes for the Street Scene spoiler. It has a hole for the 3rd brake light and fits very nicely. I have it on my car along with the rest of the body kit and it's great!

197600189_l.jpg

Kris, that is real SHARP. Looks like the Xenon. I went with CDC, cause I'm doing 'something' a tad different in the rear, and needed to alleviate the third light. Did they Paint it for you, CDC did for me.

Ok, great links. My car is a spoiler delete. What I would like to see is one installed on a members car. Im looking at how high a ridge where the spoiler meets the fenders and how many holes I have to drill.

Those spoilers in the pr photos are installed by pros and then the photos are touched up. Im looking for a real world example. Lots of guys claim to have them, but Ive yet to see a photo.

A How-to would be great.

That picture I posted is of my car in the parking lot at work. I had the dealership paint and install it. The CDC spoiler needs holes drilled I believe, but the one I have doesn't. It's held on with double sided tape. It's from Street Scene. You can find it at www.cal-mustang.com.

Kris

Twofocused said:
Ok, great links. My car is a spoiler delete. What I would like to see is one installed on a members car. Im looking at how high a ridge where the spoiler meets the fenders and how many holes I have to drill.

Those spoilers in the pr photos are installed by pros and then the photos are touched up. Im looking for a real world example. Lots of guys claim to have them, but Ive yet to see a photo.

A How-to would be great.

My ducktail spoiler is the Blow By Racing LNR three piece spoiler. My car will be done next week and I'll post pictures then. Mine is a molded on version and it covers the factory holes. There is also a one piece spoiler by Blow By Racing that bolts on and covers the factory holes too.