Do I have get a tuner?

• Sponsors (?)

Im getting gerars installed in my car. Stock 99 Gt Auto.

DO I HAVE TO GET A HANDLE HELD TUNER TO TUNE IT?

WHAT HAPPENS IF I DONT?

I know I can gain horsepower from it but thoese thing are expensive.

YES...get a tuner. Not only will it correct your speedometer it will make a world of difference on how your transmission shifts. Get the Xcal III from American Muscle. This is what you want SCT SF3/X3 Power Flash Mustang Custom Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes - 3rd Generation SCT XCalibrator - FREE SHIPPING!

Gears do not gain hp or tq. Just put it to the ground at a different rate.

With a decent hand held tuner, you will be able to change your shift points and correct your speedo. No changes are need to the engine.

Without a tuner, your speedo will not read correctly and your auto will shift a little too fast.

it moves the torque band earlier in the rpms due to the mechanical ability of the gear ratio. but the HP stays pretty much the same in the rpm, so no the gear doesnt improve hp or tq but it gives the vehicle a better mechanical advantage over stock.

It will def benefit you to get a tuner, and consider yourself lucky. I was told i could use a tuner on my 98 to correct my speedo, not true. Apparently 99 is the first year that allows you to use a tuner to correct gear change speedo/miles

You can indeed gain horsepower from Mustang performance parts like flash programmers. Essentially a flash tuner is a step down from getting your car dyno tuned. You can take a brand new 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 and Dyno tune it and pick up horsepower without any bolt on parts. Mustang Tuners are fairly versatile as you can plug it into your OBDII and program for any octane, change shift points, program for various tire diameters, alter the rev-limiter and the list goes on. Moreover you can use a tuner every weekend and you can take the car back to stock at any time because it will create a back-up file of your stock configurations.

Mike.

Visit Us Online:
See Our: Mustang Wheels
See Our: Mustang Exhaust
See Our: Mustang Tuners

Call Us Toll Free:
888-630-0655

Hor_roadhaz_lg.jpg