Do I Need 93 Octane For This Setup?

Jeremy Martin

Oct 26, 2017
I recently bought a car from a private person who had put on the below bolt ons (will add it below). He had a tune put on there from Bama using his Rev X tuner to make it use 93 Octane. He has since unmarried the tuner and sold it to someone else. My understanding is the unmarrying process also demands he returns the tune back to stock. Assuming this has been done, would I need anything other than 87 Octane for the below or should I really be using 93?

373 gear ( less then 1000 miles )
Long tube headers
O/R Hpipe
Flowmasters exhaust
Underdrive pulley kit
Jlt cold air intake
C&L upper intake manifold
C&L throttle body
EGR Delete

I have a Diablo Predator tuner on my way to me (it was free from the guy who sold me the car..its what he used before the Rev X). Should I change anything with that tuner?

Car:
1999 Mustang GT 5 speed

• Sponsors (?)

You probably don't NEED 93 but to get the most out of the mods you should get a tune for 93 and run it. A tune for 87 will work but you will be missing out on some power potential.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the reply. I have a predator tuner that should be on its way to me soon. Its the first one not the second version. Once I get it I will see if I can get a selection to tune for 93.