do u have an autozone alt?

Roadblock

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
VA
has anyone here replaced thier alt wiht one from autozone my rommies is dead but he cant remeber the # he has moved alot cause of the navy so they wont give him the warrenty on it......

• Sponsors (?)

he already has gotten it from an autozone and it is under warrenty but the guy tonight said he would have to remember the # he gave when he bought it to use the warrenty

Autozone is real bad a about not being able to find your information when you don't have a reciept. Yeah its supposed to be in there computer system but rarely is it ever there when you need it.

The only thing I put on my car out of autozone is wax and tire shine. I've bought alternators out of there before and if there wer'ent paperweights right out of the box they were within a couple of weeks of install. There's nothing worse than taking the time to put on top dollar, refurbished parts that end up being bad.

I would never buy any thing like that from autozone, advanced, pepboys, etc. Most of them are ***** and will stop working shortly after you put them on. Take it and get it rebuilt... that'd be your best bet.

HISSIN50 said:
ask if they can look it up under his last name instead.

good luck.

in order to go for the warranty with the last name u have to have the zip code and store number where it was replaced. having worked for autozone it is a dumb system they have. one thing u might try though is to buy an alternator and pay for it and the core, then put it on and return ur old alternator, as long as it has the sticker they come with..which it should, and they will refund ur money and u will have the new info u need in order to get it replaced should it happen again. lots of poeple do it like this and it works.

mike

I went thru 3 alternators from Autozone before they gave me one that has so far lasted 2yrs, if I remember correctly they got tired of me going back and gave me a better quality one the 3rd time around, it was a pain in the azz tho.