Do you have a loose board covering your spare tire in the trunk?

blake44

Aug 19, 2008
I have a 2003 gt and over the spare tire in my trunk is a board that is loose and doesn't lay flat with the rest of the trunk and then there is carpet put over it. Is there anyway to flatten it out or did the owner before me just throw some weird board in there?

I just checked and a wooden board is layered in between the carpet?

• Sponsors (?)

That's not original.

You should have a molded carpet that fits the trunk and then a cardboard cutout that is shaped perfectly for the spare tire hole. It should all lay flat and fit perfect.

blake44:

Technically, the cover is made from Masonite. As Mustang5L5 said, it is cut to fit the shape of the "rabbit" in the floor surrounding the spare tire well. When it is in place, the floor is nice and level and an insulated carpet covers everything.

You can get replacement covers from 50Resto, YearOne, your Ford parts guy, the junk yard, etc.

Chris

Oh thanks. I want to have this done because I am having a sound system installed in the trunk and I just remembered everything is uneven and stuff.

Okay, so someone put some wood inbetween 2 layers of carpet and threw it in the trunk.

If I order this YearOne Online Shopping

Can I lay this 94-04 TRUNK LINER, FENDER GRIPPER MATERIAL - RUNNING PONY LOGO - RED MUSTANG

Over the new spare tire cover without having to lay carpet down? Can I just lay the spare tire cover and the anti-slip mat over it?