Do you keep a spare tire in your car?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Less for the race guys and more for that street cruisers.

My cobra 17" spare doesn't clear the front corvette PBRs, and I have towing through Haggerty. Any reason to keep it?

If I go to a show far away, I would take a full size 17" wheel with me anyway.

How many of you guys keep a spare tire in the car?

• Sponsors (?)

Would agree, but I no longer have a 12v power port due to the cupholder console.

I also usually don't venture too far from home. Quick phone call can get a jack and wheel brought out to me

Reactions: 1 user
I've been wondering about this myself. I haven't had one since I converted to 5 lug in the 90's. Now I'm more concerned with walking in the heat...lol. I have '04 Cobra front brakes and am wondering what spare I could use.

Would agree, but I no longer have a 12v power port due to the cupholder console.

I also usually don't venture too far from home. Quick phone call can get a jack and wheel brought out to me
Could get one of the pumps that goes straight to battery. I could recommend the SuperFlow MV50, but looks like it's out of production. This is one I remember reading positive reviews of, too:
Amazon product ASIN B005ASY23IView: https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B005ASY23I/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_1/146-6758349-7093816?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B005ASY23I&pd_rd_r=956ddb3b-92f8-11e9-bf53-a11033396b02&pd_rd_w=FuUyZ&pd_rd_wg=CX01y&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=QADCAK4VD9W90R7DPJFK&psc=1&refRID=QADCAK4VD9W90R7DPJFK

Reactions: 1 user
I have '04 Cobra front brakes and am wondering what spare I could use.

94-04 17" Cobra spare. Clears the brakes and fits fine in the spare tire well.

It just doesn't clear the larger GM calipers I have, although trying it with a spacer is a good idea. Off to eBay to try and find a single 1" spacer

Another option is the 15+ 18" spare, but if have to buy one just to test fit it and see if it fits the spare tire well

Reactions: 1 users
94-04 17" Cobra spare. Clears the brakes and fits fine in the spare tire well.

It just doesn't clear the larger GM calipers I have, although trying it with a spacer is a good idea. Off to eBay to try and find a single 1" spacer

Another option is the 15+ 18" spare, but if have to buy one just to test fit it and see if it fits the spare tire well
I definitely keep the 17" Cobra spare in my car as it clears the brakes. It should still work on your car too as if you have a flat in the rear it will bolt right up, and if you get a flat in the front you could just swap a rear tire to the front and then use the spare out back.

Or just call a dump truck like mine, or a flat bed and get some guy with a beer belly wear'n a wife beater that will use a j hook on those new tubular control arms and then tears up your front bumper pulling it up on the deck.
Damn, I need to check my spare and jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users