do you think my suspension mods will help???

noslow5_0

Nov 7, 2003
dallas tx.
ok im about to change up the suspension on my car. Right now there is just some no name brand of lowering springs on it. I was thinkin the drag launch kit with some lakewood 50/50 shocks out back, an 70/30 struts up front along with lakewood lower control arms. Im also going to relocate the battery to the back and get rid of my ps and a/c. How much weight can i save by removing the a/c an ps?? A flamming river manual rack is in the works to replace my screwed up ps rack. Anyone think there will be any driveabilty problems or anything like that??? Its gonna be my daily driver and will see the track quite a bit over the summer. What 60 ft. times do you think it will cut??? Right now on my kumho's my 60's vary anywhere from 2.1 to 2.3 sec. with pretty much stock suspension. Any help will be appreciated....

• Sponsors (?)

Yes a drag setup wil help a great deal in your 60 times but will not be optimal on streets. Lowering your car did not help your 60 times since it really messes up getting the weight and traction to the rears. Since you have not gone whole hog on the drag setup I think for the most part you will be OK on street if you dont do high speed road racing.