Do you think this is the Problem?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Last nite I went to my friends and barely made it there and back....Today i woke up and took the carb off my car...650 edelbrock...I took the whole carb apart...I found the floats a little out of wack i dont think they were that much out of wack to make my car buck...stumble...miss...not take any fuel at all....if i floored the car it did nothing...lol i had to let up on the gas for the carb to catch up...But i did find something very interesting...Where the set up springs go next to the metering rods...One side were the spring rides on it has an o-ring type place the spring sits on, it was perfect now the other side well thats a different story the o-ring thing looks chewed up and the whole is elongated double the size of the other side...so what im thinking is happening is the spring is getting stuck and the metering rod either doesnt move or moves and gets stuck outside the jet....Now what can i do basically the carb is shot its white metal cant be fixed....do you think thats under waranty? I bought a brand new 600 edelbrock i pick it up tomorrow....so should i try getting my money back on the 650? and do you think thats why i have been having so many problems lately?

• Sponsors (?)