do your c/c plates hit your hood??

oosmytoo

Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Portland - Oregon
looking into buying a PA Racing front k-member, control arms, and coilover kit with c/c plates. Im trying to figure out what makes some of them hit the hood? A guy i know, just had his saleen heat extractor hood painted, then after installed D&D's c/c plates. Then shut his hood, and had two new holes through it!!! Just trying to avoid the same thing from happening to me and others too!

• Sponsors (?)

i've heard of some of the studs being too long, but if you do the install right, you're supposed to check hood clearance with playdoh or something like it.

he probably didn't but the bearings on the right side. read install instrucitons before you do it, even if they're not from the same CC plates

Mine don't. They're not supposed to if installed right. But like it's a good idea to check PTC clearance when installing a bigger cam, it's a good idea to check hood clearance when installing a bigger intake or c/c plates.

My maximum motorsports c/c plates don't hit the hood at all. After having them almost a year, they also still look brand new.

Not knocking Steeda stuff, but I've read a few times about Steeda C/C plates having hood clearance problems. As stated earlier, that could have been due to an improper installation and a lack of checking clearances.

Couldn't be happier with the MM stuff I've got so far.

I have maximum motorsports and they are close, we'll actually the strut is close cause my car is lowered soo much, I have the struts sitting that far up under the hood.

Well, wish I could say mine didnt hit. I know this is the sn95 page, and I'm not trying to heist this thread, but I figured the same for a fox would be the same for an sn95. I have Hotchkis and I'm lowered. Mine hit. They were installed years ago and after I got two nice holes in the hood, I never did anything to fix it. So, you guys are saying if they were installed correctly, this shouldnt happen? I was trying to figure out if I could trim them down or is that a NO NO? What the hell do I know. Obviously not enough. Someone throw me a bone here.

i read in a c/c thread a while back that somebody had to trim something... i'll see if i can locate the thread

on your hotchkins plates, are there any spacers on the topside of the strut, i.e. if there are spacers used in the engine bay, those can be relocated to underneith.. that would drop the heigth of the strut. Or, i'd think you could just buy/make a new spacer if you have thread left over?