Progress Thread Dobber's 78 coupe build

I used the same, here is the only shot I have of it. Hopefully this is what you're looking for!

2538996578_286e4f4cff_o.jpg
100_1695

If you look closely, I ended up turning the smooth side OD down a little bit to make sure I had clearance with the headers. Also, when you cut the shaft, it will need some cleaning up to be able to fit the smooth side - as I'm sure you probably have already figured out!

As far as tie rods ends, I used stock ends and haven't had a problem in the 10+ years I've run this setup.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys,

I also removed the rag joint and replaced it with an U joint that has a DD-profile on the "steering colum"-side. I ground it down with info from this PDF:
https://www.ididitinc.com/files/pdf/howtomakeaddshaft.pdf

Now im able to exchange the U joint if its getting loose, because it is still removable. The u joint has two adjuster screws (on the DD side). As I torqued them down everyting is without endplay.

Here is a photo:
IMG_20181023_161850_Ujoint.jpg

A mate - whos driving on historic motorsport events (manly rally) with american classics - recomends to use borgeson parts because of their good quality.

Best regards
Bernhard

ps: i used a cheap u joint from ebay, but with the DD-profile i'm possible to remove it and replace it by an new one (then from borgeson), if it gets loose

So,

Tax Season and Spring is coming, what are some must have Mods for a Mustang Coupe that is going to have a 302 in it. I am getting closer to putting it in, and still need headers for it. Remember I am not afraid to cut things if I can do it cheaper and better in the long run. I also am wondering about body mods that make them look better. Also is a aluminum Radiator recommended.

So Please reply with some good stuff to do for it.

For body mods personally I think the notches look better with a hood scoop and a tasteful rear spoiler (I'm old school). The front Cobra-style valance also looks much better than stock. The best thing you can do from an appearance (and handling) standpoint imho is to get some nice wide wheels and tires on there to fill up those wheel wells. I went as big as humanly possible and even rolled and trimmed the fenders a bit which I don't regret.

Member rides page 9, 2nd post, mikeferl's coupe. I love this one!! Maybe this could serve as a little inspiration...??? :)

1551714886466.png

Reactions: 1 users