Does '94 have a chin spoiler, stock?

tomc53

Aug 4, 2009
My car has what looks like would be a spoiler under the front on both sides, but I can't find anything in the middle front, under the bumper. Was there one there originally? 94 GT- - -

• Sponsors (?)

It's actually called an air deflector when you try to purchase it from the parts department at Ford. It's cheap. It's a 3 peice design, the two outer peices are more to keep it looking sporty while the center peice pushes air upwards into the engine bay.

The center section also makes a great scrape tool and immediately tears off when you hit a)small animals on the highway, or b)truck treads on the highway about 2 weeks after you've replaced it after the small animal incident.

It's actually called an air deflector when you try to purchase it from the parts department at Ford. It's cheap. It's a 3 peice design, the two outer peices are more to keep it looking sporty while the center peice pushes air upwards into the engine bay.

The center section also makes a great scrape tool and immediately tears off when you hit a)small animals on the highway, or b)truck treads on the highway about 2 weeks after you've replaced it after the small animal incident.

If we are talking about the same item mine is a one piece unit. Do you have a pic that you can post so I can see if we are talking about the same piece? Maybe I'm missing the deflector and that's why I'm having a high heat issue.

Hrmmm, I'll have to look for a picture, I'm sure I have an old one somewhere

It will very much resemble a one peice until you get close to it. It's dark out now so I can't go take any pictures

Some cars are ok without the TWO deflectors. There's a center plastic one in front of the radiator support, and a rubber one that pushes on to the rear of the support. They create a pressure differential to pull air across the radiator. Kinda neat, actually.

The rubber one is really easy to lose, scrape over a speed bump once and it's likely gone. I drilled a few holes and zip-tied the sucker on. Still there after several months.

Here's a photo of the plastic deflector I found on LRS:

LRS-8349C.jpg

That's good information; I've still got the two outer pieces, but center section is GONE! I'll check the prices tomorrow; thanks for the heads up.

Some cars are ok without the TWO deflectors. There's a center plastic one in front of the radiator support, and a rubber one that pushes on to the rear of the support. They create a pressure differential to pull air across the radiator. Kinda neat, actually.

The rubber one is really easy to lose, scrape over a speed bump once and it's likely gone. I drilled a few holes and zip-tied the sucker on. Still there after several months.

Here's a photo of the plastic deflector I found on LRS:

LRS-8349C.jpg

will be interesting to see what the Ford parts dept. comes up with when I check with them- - thanks for the photo- -

Okay, I see that the plastic(?) is in three pieces. A center piece and two end pieces that curve around. However I don't appear to have a rubber piece. That's the one I'll need a picture off as I can't see where it would clip onto the radiator support.

The circus continues; drove to Staunton today to order the part, lady I spoke to yesterday wasn't there.

Guy that WAS there pulled the illustrated breakdown for a '94, and it shows the 2 corner pieces, no center piece.

I left with my $18

One thing I found when I switched my GT front bumper cover to a cobra (factory cobra bumper cover). The GT has a 3 piece air dam/deflector. The Cobra bumper has the left/right ends molded into its lower side so all there is will be 1 center piece. I actually had to trim about 1/4 off each end of the center piece so it fit correctly/snug to the cobra bumper cover.

That illustration is off, there certainly are two air deflectors. I'll get the front lower air deflector Ford number tonight. The illustrations are only used to find the Ford number for parts, not to prove that parts exist.