Does anyone else have one of these.

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
As I’m putting my car back together I find myself consulting my stash of bolts and screws I’ve collected over the years. Here’s mine. That’s my grandpa’s ammo tin.
E658647D-BB6F-4ED9-891B-5DA1CE53ECEE.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have one of those, but mine isnt ww2 era either. My grandpa also had it. It’s been around as long as I can remember. It’s older than me and I’m 38. t still has all the hardware that he put in there, not car related. I use the hardware in there sometimes for certain things around the house.

653C8EA8-7BE0-4D96-BC51-D0CDC4ADA91F.jpeg
F97FE31C-D1B9-4482-B795-65E9C92643B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Apparently I have lots more junk than some. I have one of those large gray plastic tubs full of labeled zip lock bags of Fox body fasteners...lol. Maybe more than one but I'm pretending it's only one!

Every time I get the chance at a junkyard I grab whatever foxbody bolts I can. When parting a car I pull every bolt and nut off the car that I can and put them in containers. This has saved me problems more times than I can remember.

• Agree
I have the metal frame, plastic drawer sorters on the wall, and cans and jars in a cupboard labeled for most of the other sizes. Still some miscellaneous push things, clips odd fasteners and bracket stuff made it into XL peanut butter jars and coffe cans. But a lot is organized. I learned from digging through 50+ years or more of his car, construction and fastener crap that i had better things to do with my time than dig in dirty jars and cans.
PS ammo cans are more fun when you empty them first!

I have multiple plastic bins and a few of those small organizing cabinets with plastic drawers.
Most of it is separated by type....machine thread, sheet metal, nuts, washers, plumbing...etc.
Comes in handy not only for work on the cars but things around the house as well...when I can
find something in my stash that saved me a trip to HD yehaaa!