Does anyone have this spoiler??

• Sponsors (?)

Nice looking Mustang II! I love the color and the bodystyle.

Thanks! My car is a strange Machine. Most Mach 1's are V6's, most of them did not have a T-roof. Mine was a factory V8 and a T-top, it likely would have cost more then a Cobra. Somebody really didn't like stripes I guess?:D I wanted to paint it a 1978 color but.......I don't like orange (original color), and the whole 1978 color pallet was not to my tastes. I painted it Ford Grabber Blue. (late 60's early 70's Ford color) I have a love hate relationship with the color though. In the bright sun, and most photo's it looks sky blue. Ford did not paint the 2003 Mach 1 grabber blue based on it's unphotogenicness! It really pops when it is overcast though. Your Shelby is gorgeous! I almost forgot they made GT350's in that year. :nice:

Wanna hear a true (but not exactly earth-shattering) story? The reason I love Mustangs so much is a direct result of the Mustang II. Around 1975, when I was about 14, the only Mustang I had ever seen was a stock, brown '73 convertable my Boy Scout den mother had. It was not exactly the kinda car that makes a 14 year old go nuts about cars. But then I saw a magazine ad featuring a white with blue stripes '76 Cobra II and I was hooked. The thing really had the look. That was also the time when Mustang II's like Dyno Don's and Lee Hunter's pro/stockers were holding their own in drag racing. After that, I started reading about Shelby Mustangs and such and have owned a couple older Mustangs, plus an '88 GT. I have been kinda looking for a Mustang II hatchback project in my area. I know they don't get much respect, but I love 'em and have plans to build a street-able prostocker painted (what else?) white with blue stripes. Also, one of Lee Hunter's Mustang II pro stockers races regularly near my hometown and the thing absolutely hauls ass. I'd also like to say thank you for the kind words about my car! Even though it's not a real Shelby, I love it and drive it as often as I can.

I have had II'S for 18 or so years and I find the "Pinto-Stang" haters are getting fewer and further apart. They seem to have re-directed their hate towards fox Mustangs. :rlaugh: My grade 3 teacher had a 1973 4 spd notch and she took us up a mountain road on a feild trip. That is when Mustang Brochure pictures started getting taped to my wall. :D

I also have a similar spoiler on my '70. It was not original but I don't know where it came from as it was on the car when I bought it. I think it is actually fiberglass though. It is definitely harder than ABS. It does add some weight, I think, to the rear deck lid though.

i will soon be looking for a T-top mustang II for my daughter's 1st car, the plan is to use a turbo 2.3 and OD auto trans, with about a 3.40 geared 8 inch rear. should be a peppy little car that will get good mileage and at least be able to get out of it's own way should the need arise.

one of my favorite cars i've owned was 78 II coupe, red with deluxe red interior, the stock 2.3, auto trans, ac and power steering. it was a dog of a car at any kind of acceleration either frma a standstill or already moving but it would go around any corner as fast as the little thing could go so it was a fun little car. it got t-boned by a flatbed that ran a stop sign and bent the front end over at a 45 degree angle to the rest of the car and folded the right front inner fender over the motor and the only thing attaching the actual fender to the car was the antenna cable. all in all it held up pretty well for being slammed by a 20 foot flatbed doing about 45mph, i think. i still miss that car.

you have a very cool II there too, i had done a similar thing with my car, blacked out hood, tail panel and headlight bezels and added a GT stripe where the original side moldings were and with the my 13x7 ET hurricane wheels and 235/50-13 BFG T/A's it looked pretty cool, though not as cool as yours