does anyone know how to hookup a hightork starter/help me!!!

had a 94 starter which is identical to the 92-93 starter.problem is i dont know how to hook it up to my 90 model gt.i hooked the wire that goes to the spade connector to the small connector on the fender mount solenoid.it did nothing.hooked it to the large post that goes down to the starter and it will crank but the starter seems to stay ingaged for approx.1 second after it starts.if you try to put it on the third post it will make solenoid on starter click and you cant leave it on there.these starters are identical to high torque aftermarket starters,but no one i talk to knows how to wire it properly.please help!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The trigger wire, the new wire you ran to the starter, goes on the solenoid post. The wire that normally goes from the starter to the solenoid (stock starter wire) is removed from the solenoid and is placed on the + battery terminal.

I just installed my 93 starter today!!!

You have to move the starter wire to the post where the battery positive is connected to. Then the trigger wire (the one you added) goes to the other sylenoid post with nothing on it. Leave the small wire at the top of the sylenoid alone, it stays in the same place. Bam there ya go.