does anyone know if this is real?

a buddy of mine owns a 98 cobra SVT and he keeps making excuses when i ask him to race this is his latest, i was jsut wondering if its true i dunno what it is or even means.

Wasn't on in a while Gone to N.B. for a bit, got back yesterday from the concert Since the last couple of weeks my check engine light was on My Computer box that controls my IMRC's not working properly,it controls my power valves there are not opening properly,sticking more or less i need to buy a new box This started happening about two weeks ago,i still have a lot of power but not as much as i'm suppose to Gonna wait if i see one on ebay before i buy a new one $700 for the box I'll pm ya when i'm ready I waited for a month for you,you can wait a lil while for me

• Sponsors (?)

if I was him and I had a IMRC ( intake manifold runner control) problem I would not race you.

what the IMRC does is switch between two sets of runners built into the intake, one of them is longer for more touqre then as the RPM's climb ther eis a butterfly plate that moves and switches to the shorter runners in the intake for more top end.. depending what way it's stuck he might be down a good amount of power.

BTW this is not tech so i moved it.

speedfreak98r said:

Why do you think it's BS.. most people don't know what a IMRC is let alone think of using that as a excuse..

svttech76 said:
LOL really.. you don't have them in your car. the only modulars that have them are the 4v and now the 3v's have a similar style setup.
So you are saying that 4.6 SOHC does not have variable geometry intake manifold runners? :scratch:

Kilgore Trout said:
So you are saying that 4.6 SOHC does not have variable geometry intake manifold runners? :scratch:

:ban:

Oh man, getting a ride in my buddy's '97 cobra was such a cool experience when the intake runners switch @ about 3250 rpm. Almost felt like boost... but then again, I am comparing this to driving my GT.

It is very possible that your friend's IMRCs were not functioning properly, which would either leave him with no low end, or no top end, depending on what's up with them. I wonder if they're just gunked up? That is making the assumption that he's not just making excuses. Sly bastid...

Kilgore Trout said:

We do not have IMRC in the 2v motors.. that is only on the 4v's.. the IMRC is a plate with butterfly valves that open and close by electric motor to block either the long or short runners based of throttle input and rpm.. the 2v is not equiped for this.

i think you are talking about the overall design of the 2v manifold.