Does Anyone Know What This Is?

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by robert912005, May 19, 2013.

  1. I finally got aroung to cleaning out the trunk of my mustang and getting the deck lid to fit right. When i got done cleaning it out there is a bracket on the passenger side that i dont know what it would go to. It is welded on there and if it is not signifigant then im going to cut it out and smooth it out. Here are the pics below. A1.JPG A2.JPG
  2. Spare tire hold down for a 64 Mustang.
  3. Not sure...., however I hope we all here the answer! It's good stuff to know...


    Ember66Vert ~
  4. I agree, that was my first thought, but the 2nd photo made unsure...what is that clip, line?
  5. yep ,tire hold bracket. it has a bolt that slides into it and comes up through the rim then a large washer then a wing nut
  6. yep, spare tire mount.
  7. Thanks guys. You are the greatest!!!