Does anyone run toyo tires?

• Sponsors (?)

torch03gt said:
They are decent, wouldn't be my first choice.

There are 4 basic models of Toyo street car tires. the TPT which are your basic grocery getting tires, the FZ4 which is their all season M+S cheap "semi-performance" tire, the T1-S the High performance street tire and the RA-1 their D.O.T. competition road race/drag racing tire. Check out www.toyo.com

Performance:

The FZ4's plain suck for performance!!! They are really popular with the "Ricer" crowd because they look kewl and they are really CHEAP!!! They absolutely suck for any performance applications!!! But if you want a cheap costing tire that is in performance sizes..the FZ4 fits the bill. just don't expect it to perform like a high performance tire.

T1-S are fantastic street tires!!! The dry grip is fantastic and the wet grip is unbelievable!!! So good are they especially in the rain, that Auto Xers switch to the Toyo T1-S when it's wet out!!! This is one of the few pure street tires that I'll feel comfortable enough with to drive on the road race course with. I have had many students cars have them on and they are very good!!!

RA-1 are Toyo's D.O.T. competition tires and they simply rock!!! Made specifically for competition although they are D.O.T. certified. World Challenge cars and SCCA, NSA etc. run these tires as the Spec tire of choice in many classes. I really love these tires and I run them on all my street cars!!! Great dry grip...but when they get to 3/32nd of tread where they become like slicks, driving in the wet will test your driving ability!!! Mileage is not extremely good, but acceptable to me..15K to 20K or so, but when you get optimum grip you don't get much mileage.

Toyo T1-S are really fantastic tires and Toyo backs them up with the industry's only 45 day or 500 mile guarantee!!! if you don't like them for wahtever reason within those parameters, Toyo will refund the purchase price back to you!!! How's that for standing behind their product!!! Now how do I know all this info..well practical experience with them, and also I have a Tire Dealership and deal with many tire brands, Michelin, Falken, Good Year etc...Toyo's are simply IMHO..the better choice in performance in my book, and I can get whatever tire I want. If you want anymore info on Toyo's give me an e-mail: [email protected]

I can get these prices locally:

265/35/18 $190 Toyo T1-S summer
285/35/18 $200 Toyo T1-S summer
245/45/17 $115 Toyo Proxes 4 all season (2 for the rear for the snow)

$14 each for installation/taxes/balancing.

Am I paying a fair price?