does ford have a better idea?

first off let me say ive only owned 3 fords in my life, so im not to hip on the blue oval. I have a 84 mustang gt 5.0 manual. the drive train is gone to a 68 sedan. I want to put another 5.0 and a auto for drag racing but I dont know where to start. the yards here are full of fords and L.M. if anybody can steer me in the right direction and give me some tips(especially you racers ) id be gratefull. thanks BOB:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

In 84-85 the fox came with a small rear end. In 85 they started with roller motors. In 86 they got fuel injection, in 87 they got slightly better intakes/heads/throttle bodies/brakes/etc, and after 88 they got mass air flow. The stock blocks are generally worth 400hp as a rule of thumb. I've heard of guys getting more.

Some guys use C4s for racing autos, however if I put an auto in mine, it'd be a TH400, or possibly even a powerglide.

I don't understand the question in your title.

Good luck.

hey man, if it was me, id

browse the classifieds, find a 302,306, etc. etc. maybe finda banger t5(wont last long, but itll give you some time to save some green) and you got a higher gear, then finda 4.10 gear. and really after that you need a set of control arms to do any racing.
then get the details worked out, t/b, maf(or carb) cam, clutch, getcha a set of shorties,
i built my 92 on maybe 2500 buckaroos. including the orig cost of the car 1000. and ran low 8's in the 1/8:flag: