Does Ford still sell...

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
The rubber exhaust hangars??

I need three of them. I'm having issues with my exhaust right now.

Right now i'm running off-road H-pipe with MAC cat-back cut right after the Muffler. Let me say it is extremely LOUD and sounds like butt. I HATE it. Not sure if it's the off-road pipe or the fact that the tailpipes are cut off. Anyway it's a gorgeous weekend and i'm embarrassed to be driving my car. EVeryone just looks at me.

Anyway tomorrow i'd like to toss my stock catted H-pipe back on along with my new Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back. Hopefully that will give it a nice quiet, but loud powerful tone.

Anyway i have 1 hanger, need three more by tomorrow. Will Ford have these? I assume they are the same used on the new Mustangs. Part number E6ZC-5F262-AA. I hope they are not something rediculous like $8 each :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

The rubber ones? I'm not talking about the L-shaped metal hangars. I need the solid rubber peices that you slip them into.

RIght now i have wire holding my mufflers up just so i can drive around.

Yeah already tried the autoparts store route. All their hangars are pretty thin and flimsy. They are made out of a soft rubber. When the exhaust is in place i would be able to rock it side to side.

I kinda want the ford ones because they are a solid heavy thick peice of rubber. When you put that exhaust it, it's pretty much not gonna move.

I got mine from a local private muffler shop that were take-offs from some Ford vehicle that had been there previously. They werent in real terrific shape, but that was the only place I found any. If you still have the old ones and they arent totally ripped out, you could reinforce them with some hose clamps.

this place i have taken all my cars to R&J welding in downtown apex north carolina put i think 4 new ones on my car for 8 bucks. the kid who had the car before me decided that a bent coat hanger was a better solution. find a good locally owned muffler shop and im sure they will have some

Well, i tried a few different exhaust places. All shot down. They all said "We don't sell parts....try Autozone"

Pep Boys has a few the right size, but they are just so flimsy.

ECU5.0 said:
now youre just rubbing it in. if they are two thin and flimsy from the parts store...maybe if you put two of them on there side by side it would help. just a suggestion.

Good idea, i thought about it except they are $5 each. Since i need two for the tailpipes and two for the muffs, that's $40 in rubber hangars. The reason i want the factory type of hanger is because i already had pep boys hangers on it. They lasted two years and all dried out and cracked and split. The factory ones are pretty good quality.

I took a look at the rubber hangers on my '85 GT (sans exhaust and everything else right now) and the two for the mufflers are completely different since they are slotted. The two tailpipe hangers look like they will work. I still have 1 of my originals. SO now i have 5 i can use. 4 are 18 years old and 1 is 16 years old and they still look great and are perfectly usable. More than i can say for the parts store stuff.

First, I think your exhaust probably sounds like butt because of your mufflers :)

if you don't have tailpipes you really don't even need them. when I took the tails off my Borlas, all I did was loosen the bolts that connect them to the H pipe, position them where I wanted with jackstands, and tighten up the bolts...holds well.

but hey, if you wanna go with cats and flows and tails, more power to ya :)

siege said:
if you don't have tailpipes you really don't even need them.

but hey, if you wanna go with cats and flows and tails, more power to ya :)

I know i don't need tails, but LX's just don't look right without tailpipes. EVerytime i look at my car now the back end seems empty.

I need to extend my off-road H-pipe about 2". It's THAT much short. Just gonna take it to work, cut the ball socket ends off and add about 2" to it. Then it should fit fine.

In the meantime, i'm putting the cats back on because i gotta commute in Boston traffic all the time and i can't take the smell or the sound. Massachusetts is a smog test state so i'm just asking for it.