Does my stang run too cold??

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
This weekend I headed up to Old Orchard Beach in ME, and took the stang for my first ever roadtrip. Its about 110 miles each way. The car runs like a top, but I noticed after about 80 miles the temperature gauge, which usually runs from between the N-O to between the O-R was at the edge of the brackey containing the word normal.

[X_N_O_R_M_A_L_] <--- The X is where my needle was, except over the end line.

I have absolutely no cooling mods, just prestone coolant. Should I be concerned at all? What could be an indication if the car is running too cold?

:OT: I went up to meet two girls who are living there this summer. Even though I had just driven 110 miles, they made me take my car to the beach. :rolleyes: My headers, o/r X, and flowmasters had everyone turning heads and a bunch of bikers at a clam shack gave me the thumbs up. It still amazes me how much better our 302s sound then the 350s from transams and camaros.

• Sponsors (?)

Black95GTS said:
:OT: I went up to meet two girls who are living there this summer. Even though I had just driven 110 miles, they made me take my car to the beach. :rolleyes: My headers, o/r X, and flowmasters had everyone turning heads and a bunch of bikers at a clam shack gave me the thumbs up. It still amazes me how much better our 302s sound then the 350s from transams and camaros.

Damn let me know when you come up again, Id take a cruise down to OOB to check out the hotties :D As far as your cooling I have no Idea, maybe your just lucky or perhaps you have a loose wire somewhere and its not reading right.

What was the ambient temperature? My car typically runs below the N, but I have a 180* thermo. Once when I was cruising across eastern Colorado, it was a bit chilly and the temperature dropped until the needle was resting on the peg :D.

Dave

it was 80 to 85 degrees and sunny, with high humidity. I've never heard of a car running too cold before, but I admit to being a little worried. I know that there is a temperature the car is supposed to maintain, what that is I have no clue.

Mine ran at about 200-205 On the interstate on the way back from N.H on saturday. Alot of it was slow interstate driving b/c it was all bumper to bumper.....damn Mass Holes.

Striped5.0 said:
Mine ran at about 200-205 On the interstate on the way back from N.H on saturday. Alot of it was slow interstate driving b/c it was all bumper to bumper.....damn Mass Holes.

bite me. I was pulling hair out of my head cause EVERYONE in Maine lets EVERYONE else go at intersections, to the point where its worse for traffic. Not to mention that 95% of the population driving is above the age of 70. At least you got some good looking girls jogging around everywhere, without that I would have killed myself. BTW, how far are you from OOB? I saw a ton of stangs, but only 2 were GTs and 1 was a Cobra.

OT: I just came back from Maine and the woman in Bar Harbor are beautiful!
pant.gif

I imagine most of them were tourists though, but still....."Mama Mia" :D

Too cool implies that the thermostat is stuck open.

If it is stuck open, it "could" get stuck closed. Which is not good at all. Replace it with a 180* tstat and see what happens.
Scott

no, I've seen this post many dozen times, me being one who started it... some 94-95 stangs just do it... mine runs normally on the left bracket of the gague... some just run cool...

-NOT, I REPEAT, NOT A PROBLEM! you can pretty much never run too cool in the summer time :nice: but I'd think about putting in a 195-210 in the winter... I switch mine from 160 to 195 every change of seasons... winter-summer...

i was kinda wondering the same because with my tweeer and the 180* thermo, i run just below the N also. even in the 105* heat index with 40% humidity i was still below the N. go figure :)

Black95GTS said:
Not to mention that 95% of the population driving is above the age of 70.

I saw a ton of stangs, but only 2 were GTs and 1 was a Cobra.

Thats the prob, theres WAY to many old drivers around here, drives you NUCKING FUTS!!!!!!!!

Im not to far from OOB, less then an Hr. Im only about 15 mins from the turnpike in Gray then its not really to far to OOB from there.