Roush Does SALEEN sale the 200 mph cluster?

• Sponsors (?)

S351R"Animal" said:
Saleen doesn't sell them to the public. You will have to find someone who has a wrecked one.

Yea, He's correct. Saleen does not sell that cluster. Made for each car from it's own cluster. Try the trader here or e-bay. Or of course the other board.

I hate to burst anyones bubble but, you can't recalibrate a Cobra speedo for a 94-5 to a 200 mph speedo. Saleen used a mottorola chip that is no longer made. No one can get it either. I have tried. On ebay be careful. Alot of people by the faces and stick them on regular speedo clusters and then sell them to you telling you you can recalibrate them. This is not possible on the 94-8 cars! If someone is selling one ask them what car it came out of. If they can't tell you then it is best to pass on it. If they do tell you then do some research to see if the car exists and if it came with one. Hope this helps. I just hate to see someone spend $300-$500 for some of the phony stuff on ebay.

Yes,

If Saleen is not backed up they can usually re-flash a customers comp. and turn it around in a couple of days for a fee. Of course you have to be able to verify that you have an authentic car.
Gear swap is the second biggest reason for re-flashes at Saleen right behind re-flashes for too much detonation. I had to have my N/A 02 Saleen re-flashed because of too much tune/detonation shortly after taking delivery right off the floor of Beverly Hills Ford. 91 octane is just about the best we can get in So. Calif anyway. (next to race fuel) In California they used to not re-flash a car that was supercharged. I believe they will now and I don't have an answer for that. That is the reason 3.55's is not an option on S/C cars here. Emmisions is also the reason the S351 was discontinued.

There is a guy who has a 87-93 authentic Saleen cluster on E-Bay right now. His name is Charlie and he is back east. E-mail him. He has lots of interesting Saleen parts. He may have an authentic cluster for a newer car. Just a thought. Oh, and he is legit.

Bring this back up from the dead. I have a Cluster out of a 95 Saleen S351 200MPH Cluster. Is there anything I need to get it to work besides plug it in or is it worthless?

I'm reading all the postes on here from the beginning :)

It will work but, make sure it is legit. Alot fo the ones on ebay are stock clusters that have had the faces installed. There is a chip in the cluster that if bad can't be replaced. It is what allows ythe speedo to be calibrated to 200 mph.