Does the 05 stang still suffer from rear lifts on bumps?

Detonate

Jul 13, 2004
Without IRS but a new Rear suspension live axle, does the 05 stang still jump on turns with both wheel hop? It's scary to gun those corners and have that happen. I currently drive a e36 m3 but I'm looking at the 05 stang. The corners are fun to gun on, so if the stang does lose it's rear end, then I'm going to be all over the car.

• Sponsors (?)

PONY XPRESS said:
Car feels great at turn in & off the apex. I'm in the NE & our roads suck. No hop or bouncing around. Car absolutely feels like it is on rails.

I live in Nebraska as well. I live in omaha What city do u live in and what color is your stang I might have seen u around.

Nikolai :nice:

Not speaking from personal experience but I would refer you to this link (Motorweek) from a previous post:
http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2405.shtml

Here's a quote: "And to keep Mustang purists happy, rather than an independent rear, Ford designed a new 3-link solid axle. It's probably the most sophisticated coil spring solid axle out there, with a Panhard rod for lateral control and a control arm atop the differential to reduce axle wind up. An IRS will come later on a higher performance model."

Part of the problem with the old SRA's was axle bind from the links working against each other. The new design is much better and is smoother.

However, it is still an SRA, which means a bump on one tire will affect the other as well.

Have you driven one? If not, do so and see for yourself. It is a much, much, much better system than before.

I wish my dealer would let me drive test it fast around corners. Also, theres traffic in NYC and lights everywhere. I'm going to look at rental cars to see if they have a 05 stang. I'm still not sure whose right. Riding like it's on rails is the feeling when you don't have lift and I love that feeling. But when you hit a bump, you kinda lose that feeling, well IMO, so I'm still confused. Anyone else have any opinions on the rear axle lifting both tires on turns and bumps?