Does the k-member need to be dropped to install jba's

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
I know on installing long tubes that the k-member needs to be dropped and or lift the engine up some. But is the install of jba shorties the same process or can i install them without lifting the engine or dropping the k-member.

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

MustangLife said:
I know on installing long tubes that the k-member needs to be dropped and or lift the engine up some. But is the install of jba shorties the same process or can i install them without lifting the engine or dropping the k-member.

Thanks
Josh

You don't need to drop the K-member, but you will have to lift the engine and the job would be simpler with the K-member out of the way... :nice:

I have had my jba's on and off three times without dropping the k-member. Don't even mess with the k. Get some gear wrenches. Ya know the openend wrenches with other end that ratchets. Those make the job soooooo much easier.

I put the JBA's on my car before the longtubes, and I did it without dropping the k member. It was a PITA job. But you can do it. I would rather drop the k member. My knuckles still hurt from that install.... :D

Starkie

MustangLife said:
Since I pretty much have to drop the k-member. I'll just go with long tubes, so I won't be doing it twice when i'm squeezing every little bit out of my car.

Josh

I didn't want to tell you the JBA's weren't worth it over the long tubes, but since you made up your own mind I say RIGHT ON!!!

:nice:

Starkie