Does this sound like a bad windsheild wiper motor or what?

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
The other day in the rain, my wipers just stopped...I didnt notice it right away cause I had the slowest delay on... About the next week or so randomly they would work agian for a while, then they would just stop for good. After this happened, they worked agian, and then they started going really really really slow, even on the fastest mode they would go, they were literally inching along hardly moving, it took about 15 seconds for them to go from the top position to the bottom position. So my first thaught was wiper motor...so I started taking it off today, before I took it off I unplugged it and plugged it back in and they didnt work, so I started taking it off. I then attempted to take off the inside bolt in the cowl panel area with no luck, couldnt get the arm to stay still and loosen the bolt, so I just plugged the wiper motor back in and turned on the wipers and they worked for a few turns then stopped...so I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and they worked for 1 turn and I didnt even try to go further :lol: so...does this sound like a bad wiper motor or not? I dont think its my switch, casue my turnsignals and washer fluid works fine.

• Sponsors (?)

when my motor went it did that only for about a day, then it crapped out until i replaced it a few days later. i would say its the wiper motor. The arm is a pain to get off inside the cowl area sometimes. funny thing my intermittents didnt work. i replaced the mulitfunction when my headlights went south, and the intermittent worked for about 5 minutes. now i only have 1 speed again. Since it only has medium speed i dont worry since it suites almost all situation. :p

srothfuss said:
It could be bad contacts inside your Multifunction stalk causing this issue for you. If the motor was bad, the wipers wouldn't function at all.
Not true at all. Mine did the same thing as his. Mine would go super slow and then stop working. Mine was blowing the fuse though. Did you check your fuse to see if they are blowing? Mine did this all the time. I change the motor out and it works like it were new. You can get a motor for nothing from the yard and easy to install.