Donor V6 for tranny swap..

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
By any chance has anyone used a v6 donor car to do a aode swap to manual...what parts can be used......ebay has all kinds of 6 manuals......one states the tranny will bolt up to a 302 or 351......don't know from personal experience...never tried it..........input please..

• Sponsors (?)

The manual tranny will bolt up to a V8, but you'll need a new bellhousing. I don't know if the GT's manual is stronger than the V6's manual. I know the Cobra's T5 is stronger.

Everything will bolt up directly, however, the V6 uses the non-World Class T5, which is significantly weaker, not that the World Class T5 is very strong at all.

Ummmm. ALL T5's in Mustangs after about 1985-6 (not sure which) are World Class. The only difference between the two is that the WC trannies got torrington bearings, where the non-WC got bushings. (There were some other minor upgrades. Nothing to do with "strength" though.)

The V6 cars used the same tranny as the GT's. I think that even the bellhousing is the same. (The automatics used a 164 tooth flexplate. That's why "legend" says that there is a difference. I'm pretty sure the T5 cars used 157 tooth flywheel's, so even that may work. Check the interchangability)