Dont have to worry about 05 GT highway speed

Sep 29, 2004
I was coming back from dropping someone off at LAX this morning when I spotted a mineral grey 05 GT. Traffic was pretty heavy as usual and I was near him for awhile until I got around some people and was able to get into some clear. I was able to set the crusie control at 75 mph and I couls still see the GT in my review changing lanes. I was one lane over from the fast lane and I saw him pull behind an SUV in the fast lane I would say a good 1/8 of a mile back. The SUV moved over leaving no cars at all in the fast lane and the GT gunned it and started gaining on me VERY fast. I still had my crusie control on at 75 mph but he caught up to me within about 5 seconds and FLEW past me at what had to be at least 100 mph :hail2: That thing sounded so damn nice under hard acceleration like that. So those you were concerned about not having enough top end as I was, that was sure reassuring to see.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, no problems on the highway. I was cruising at about 70 when I came to a nice non-patroled stretch on the freeway. I decided to open it up and I was at 110 before I knew it. Those 300 horses sound and feel good. The nice thing is that once you finish the acceleration, the engine sound fades away.

I've only gunned my 05 GT up to 90 MPH. I do love the sound under my heavy foot. I also love the "fade away" when I back off a bit. The overall power is awesome. Can someone get us the REAL hp figure, not the lowball 300 hp quoted by Ford?

rich8566 said:
I've only gunned my 05 GT up to 90 MPH. I do love the sound under my heavy foot. I also love the "fade away" when I back off a bit. The overall power is awesome. Can someone get us the REAL hp figure, not the lowball 300 hp quoted by Ford?

T&J dynoed 279rwhp/300rwtq with MTX, which translates to about 320/345 at the crank.

Ford has definitely underrated this car's output. :nice: