Don't know what this Integra was thinking

• Sponsors (?)

Stang2k5 said:
I done with this biased forum. The person or people who run this site are also biased toward the SVT. Its very sad when a person can't express a opinion other than someone else. I guess you couldn't think of a good enough reply for my "Cobra owners need to get a grip" forum thread so you deleted it...

Have fun with your little biased forum :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:

Bah Bye! :nice:

Stang2k5 said:
I done with this biased forum. The person or people who run this site are also biased toward the SVT. Its very sad when a person can't express a opinion other than someone else. I guess you couldn't think of a good enough reply for my "Cobra owners need to get a grip" forum thread so you deleted it...

Sorry man, I'm not trying to get you to leave StangNet, and I hope you stay. My point is... you've bought a bad ass car... and I agree it's awesome. Please quit knocking SVT and every other Mustang on the planet.

This board is nowhere near biased towards SVT. Most of us have been members long before you joined in October 2004, and we started out in the 5.0L world... I know I did before I bought an 03 Cobra. How many times have you went over the 5.0L Tech section and saw the sheer amount of posts over there... it's way more than the 4.6L and S197 combined... there's tons more folks over there that you've probably never seen... Well, most of the rest of us that's been around StangNet for a while have spent a great deal of time over there as well... so, we've learned to respect those guys... their cars are awesome too.

That's all I'm asking... is for you to respect all Mustangs... they are all great, not just your 05 GT.

Later dude.

Stang2k5 said:

Good riddance. I can't believe you made such a hateful thread. Maybe you regret selling your Cobra? :rlaugh: 05 GT is a nice car but the way you make everything sound like dirt is not right.

There seems to be a lot of hate on this forum for "ricers", something I've noticed in the short time I've been here. I'm not a real big fan of the import scene either, but I can give some of them their due. My best friend has a 97 TT Supra, and I don't care what anyone says, the Mark IV Supra is the absolute king of the ricers period, and king of alot of other cars on the street. There's more than a few Viper owners out there that have been embarrassed by kids in Supras. He's had his car since 98, bone stock when he bought it, and even then it was impressively fast. He's putting 420-430 down to the wheels now (estimated, last dyno #'s were right at 400, he's done a few tweaks since then) with some relatively minor mods, but there are guys in his club making 500-600 horse with that motor without even breaking a sweat. Basically, when that car came out most people in the know said it was a 500 horse motor detuned down to 300 for insurance and gas mileage reasons. I've also got a friend with a blown Honda S2000, that'll get your attention real quick as well.

Anyway, my point is that just because it was made in Japan don't think it can't be fast, there's a lot of guys running around putting down some serious power in really crappy little cars. There's supposedly a kid running around in my town with a highly modded VW golf, AWD and a twin turbo VR6 motor. They say he can hang with the Z06's and such with no problem. I'd really like to see that first hand, if it's true.

I can't speak for anybody else on this forum. As far as my taste goes, I do not care where it is made, if it is fast and a quality car I will like it. I like the 97 Supras, RX-7's and 3000's, G35's, and the STI. The cars I have problems with are 1.2 liter 4-door Civics with 2 foot fart cans hanging out the back reving on you at every stoplight. I really associate "rice" with how they act and the stupid **** they put on these cars. Check out this link and it will give you a prime example of what I think is "rice" and despise.

http://ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/picpage.php :puke: :rlaugh:

BTW, I hate this crap^ so much, I even keep this link in my favorites to reference.

I love Supra's, I've had the luxury of being in my friends 800HP and 720TQ. It's a mean machine and it makes a 500RWHP Cobra feel like a little girl, but when were talkin about ricers were not talking about those amazing machines were talkin about the average Guy with 120 RWHP & 100RWTQ 8,000rmp's right on you tail reving that little peice at your Mustang which has twice the power. Quick cars like a STI, Evo 3, or a Supra are rare to find, and theses people we often see give the few novelty imports a bad rep.

I agree... Rice is not simply an import car. I have said before and will say again - if a car is done up RIGHT, then it does not constitute rice. Bug-ass wings, fart cans, and neon usually pegs the meter for rice-ness.

I'm an import guy and I too hate "ricers" (which I define also as ANY tacky looking car). It's these punk kids with the hat on backwards and the 6 inch fart cans that ride around the city all day with nothing better to do than play cat and mouse with everything from mini-vans to tow-trucks. I teach in the inner city and I always have my window cracked in my classroom. All frickin' day I hear the tractionless drag launches and the baaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, screeeeeech, bahhhhhhhhhhhh. It's so annoying! Anyway, just venting. I only respect true enthusiasts and you guys know what I mean.

I will agree with you guys and consider a "ricer" as a car that has all show and no go, with a high degree of annoyance factor. There's a kid down the street from me with a last gen Prelude that he's been working on. The first thing he did to the car was slap on a carbon fiber hood. Good god, you know what those things cost?!?! He could have bought quite a few go fast, stop fast, handle better parts for that thing instead of the hood, which does absolutely nothing for the performance of the car, except maybe save a little weight. I cant stand those fart cans either, but the rear wings is what really makes me have to pull over to the side of the road because I'm laughing so hard. I swear, some of those things must come close to fully compressing the poor cars rear suspension.

Oh, by the way, I think that pic above is of some vintage iron, not a ricer. Look at the door panel and the steering column, and it has wing windows. Cars haven't had wing windows in many years, the Jeep Wrangler is the only modern car I can think of that has them. Doesn't matter though, the pic is still hillarious. The right side looks like the instrument panel in an aircraft.

OK, I had to add a second post here, since I was just talking about this. I just came back from the bank and on the way there I saw this kid pull out of our local HS parking lot in a completely clapped out mid-90's Saturn. Crappy paint, bald tires, beat up plastic wheel covers, a really sad looking car. And mounted on the back of this thing is this gleaming black double decker wing, so big it looked like it just fell off a 747 or something. Funniest part was, the wing was black and the car was red, LOL.

Dotanukie said:
but the rear wings is what really makes me have to pull over to the side of the road because I'm laughing so hard. I swear, some of those things must come close to fully compressing the poor cars rear suspension.
The wing thing makes me want to puke as well. I especially hate the ones that look like they pulled out the plasma cutter and cut out a piece of the metal bleachers from a little league fields and bolted it on to the trunk. I'm so tempted to take my aluminum but and smash the crap out of it. :bang: