Door lock switch and power window issues

02v6vert

Jul 3, 2020
Indiana
Hello, I have an 02 v6 convertible that I'm having some electrical gremlins here recently, it started with the passenger window would roll down but not up, traced that to a bad switch, replaced it and everything was good for about a week then it happened again. Did more troubleshooting found that the drivers master switch gave out so replaced it, again everything fine. Now it has happened again but also have the power door lock switch not working( doors lock and unlock with key fob) and the drivers rear window quit as well. Not sure where to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated, TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, I have an '00 V6. The heat stake plastics gave out on my driver side switch panel, so I recently spent some time replacing the heat stakes with #4 stainless steel screws to hold the switch assembly in place.

To your problem: Are the switches that failed all on the driver side paneI? Did you look at the switches (when you did the repairs), and see if there is any corrosion visible?

One of the things that can happen if the car has been caught in the rain (usually, more than once, or if it came from a coastal salty environment; OR from sweaty driver arms) is that water-borne contaminants can seep into the switches, and corrode the contacts.

My first suggestion is to replace the entire driver side switch panel, preferably from a coupe. Failing that, a course of contact cleaner spray on the switches may provide relief.

Good luck!