Interior and Upholstery Door lock switches (89)

fox racer v2

Jun 2, 2019
Brooklyn
Before I swap out my door lock actuators (believe pass side is dead) and window motors I decided to do the easier switch swap first and replace the lock switches and window switches. All the window switches feel great - light, crisp action with a nice audible click.

My driver side lock switch, however, takes some real effort (much heavier than the stock I’m replacing), dull click sound, and overall mushy feel. Seller on amazon sent the wrong passenger side switch, so don’t have anything to compare new-to-new, but curious if anyone has swapped replacement switches - Is this heavy/mushy fee normal for the replacement stuff normal or should I send back? Not sure on brand, but window switches are Dorman and I’m real happy with them.

I’m planning to test the lock switches in car once I receive the replacement passenger side switch.

• Sponsors (?)

Motorcraft door lock switches are still available.

SW-7061 (driver's side door lock)
SW-7060 (pass side door lock
SW-7062 (window switch)

I tried the aftermarket switches, and the heavy, mushy feeling was typical. In fact, I replace all of my window and door lock switchs with aftermarkets, and then threw them out and got the motorcraft units. Why? The feel was inconsistent. A couple were heavy, a couple were light. Some felt stiff and like i was going to break the toggle by moving them.

I found I could pry up the toggle switch from the aftermarket switch, and it would install on my OEM switch, so i could at least replace the worn out white symbols on the switch.

The originals are made by Eaton. The newer motorcrafts are not, but the vendor making them was much better quality than the LRS cheapo stuff.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
I made the switches work like new with Corrosion Block. It removed all the corrosion on the switch contacts.
Used it at work to renew 480VAC-3Ph switchgear.
It's expensive, but 1 can will last many years. I also use it to lubricate bicycle chains.
Also available in 55gal drums.
The military has been using the MilSpec version of this for many years.
1578344226165.png

• Useful
Dorman electrical has been better than nothing, but not much. The Borg (Formerly Borg Warner) are better and worth assimilating. But with the warranty, get the Motorcraft part when available.