Door Locks Not Working

MAL

Nov 25, 2016
I am having problems trouble shooting why the power door locks are not working on my 96 GT. Both locks work fine manually. The drivers side switch does nothing at all (no power at the actuator). The passenger side switch will lock both doors, but it will not unlock ether door. I think the switches are ok, but I will have to check them out again to be sure. I thought the problem was the actuator so I bought one and tried it on both sides, but there was no change. I don't have a key fob and I was not able to find a RKF module in the trunk. I hope someone on this sight can point me in the right direction.

• Sponsors (?)

I have had a little time to look at the locks. I have found that the locks work like they are supposed to when the driver door is closed or almost closed. When the drivers door is open about 1 ft the drivers side switch stops working completely, and the passenger side switch will lock the doors, but it will not unlock the doors.

Your right, there was a broken wire in the boot. It was completely severed...I am surprised that it made contact when the door was closed.

I have a new question. Do you or anybody know if the Brake lines are metric or standard on the 96 Mustang