Door Locks

rotorhead22

Dec 17, 2020
Wesley Chapel, Florida
So I got up at 0530 this morning to beat the heat here in Florida to install new window motors and door lock actuators. Motors went in easily however the actuators took some time. Got out the white grease to lube up the guides and lock mechanisms and was pretty happy that everything worked so I got out of the car closed the door and got a coffee refill and discovered I locked the keys in the car. I just shook my head and took the dogs for a walk

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Fortunately I didn’t reinstall the white plastic anti theft covers so I will be making a trip to Autozone for a slim Jim. I have to start thinking 1989. My other two vehicles won’t lock with the keys inside. Tomorrow I’m starting on the aftermarket gauge cluster. I’ve been using an app as a speedometer
Old school metal coat hanger works like a charm as an alternative to a slim Jim.
Gone in 60 seconds. Lol

I’ll PM you a video showing how to unlock your doors using a long thin screwdriver. I made it a while back to show how easy it is to break into these cars

Reactions: 1 user
I find it very hard to break into my car. I almost need to change my buttons so the coat hanger to hook em
You don't really try for the lock buttons, at least not the manual buttons that you push down. You go for the electric lock switch, or hook the inside door handle and pull and the door will unlock and/or open.