Double DIN mounting question

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
I've got a 2003 GT which has the double DIN-sized stereo. A couple weeks ago, some upstanding citizens broke in to my vehicle and stole my stereo (and hit 8 other well-equipped vehicles in the process). While they were kind to me and did not break my window to gain entry, nicely pulled the HVAC-tower bezel off, and disconnected the wiring from the back of the stereo, they just ripped the stereo out of the mounting points thus breaking the "frame" that the stereo itself would mount to.

My question is: Short of replacing the entire dashboard, is there a way for me to put in a new mounting frame for a new stereo?

• Sponsors (?)

how about if you put another aftermarket head unit in and the metal cage that holds the head unit locked inside of the dash board theres tabs that bend up. if you slide that into the bezel with the vents in it and bend those tabs up it will hold the frame in and then you can slide the radio in a it will stay in there. thats all i can think of i typed it fast on a whim i hope it made sense to u

how about using a longer bolt and put thin pieces of metal behind the frame drill through them then screw the nut on fromt he back of thin metal piece.

maybe post a pic