Dowel Pins next to main caps? (stupid question)

I have been trying to find out if my engine has dowl pins next to the main caps. They take up the space between the block skirt and the main caps. Some places I look say that every 96 and later block regardless if its a windsor or romeo block have the jackscrews (side bolts) and other places state that all windsors and a few romeos have dowel pins. Which is it? I believe I have a Windsor block since I have a X in the eigth digit position on my vin, is that correct?

Some say that neither is better then the other and others say that the blocks with dowl pins should not be considered for any seriouse performance. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Car is a 03 gt and unfortunetly I am away from my car and cant get the block casting number or any other info for you guys, sorry.

• Sponsors (?)

For what it's worth, my block has the Xcode (its a 98 block) and it has the jackscrews. I will take pictures of this later today if you would like to see, as I am installing my new main bearings and so on so it won't be difficult to get you a photo.

i dont know the block code, but i have a 1999 cobra with a teksid aluminum block.

this is what it looked like with my clevite bearings.
6r64n4.jpg

hope this helps, if you need a higher resolution pic let me know.