Progress Thread Down For A Decade - Got The Job!

I'ts not like I'm going to work in a gun and beer store, hahaha! You don't have to congratulate me, whatever. It's not like I'll be spending all my money on restoring classic cars. I already have a huge pile of parts waiting for my project. Just to have access to a full shop is all that I need to finish my car exponentially quicker than it would have gotten done in my own garage. If you can't see this as an amazing opportunity like I do, then you're looking at it the wrong way.
Not a lot of people can say they have their dream job. You have a stronger will than I do, congrats bro!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Hey, I have my car apart (in put back together mode now) I changing the interiror color from red to black, so I want to pull the dash and dye the red part black, and also put a new heater core in while I have it out (since I don't know how old the current one is, figure might as well change it) anyway, I want to paint that metal frame behind the dash like you did, how dose that come out? is that just bolted in?

Hey, I have my car apart (in put back together mode now) I changing the interiror color from red to black, so I want to pull the dash and dye the red part black, and also put a new heater core in while I have it out (since I don't know how old the current one is, figure might as well change it) anyway, I want to paint that metal frame behind the dash like you did, how dose that come out? is that just bolted in?
Yeah, it's only four bolts if I remember right. One on each side near the door jambs and then you unbolt a section of the frame underneath the steering column so you can lift it out. You can see the bolts on the lower part of the frame in this pic. The wiring harness is attached to the frame, so take your time separating it. You have to unbolt the fuse box, but don't be scared. Definitely disconnect the battery first, lol.
qLbnymGxLH1bUBHW_nEjaBo5v0yoNf7t2CC-STBJZutQfaHljJabEPmXXReiH-zk1f5_Xqra9db57BgBhw=w1266-h950-no.jpg

Congrats bud . Manir was a cool dude I believe he's the owner . I met him at mustang week we did the dyno day together . He said he was originally from NY if i remember correctly

Yeah, it's only four bolts if I remember right. One on each side near the door jambs and then you unbolt a section of the frame underneath the steering column so you can lift it out. You can see the bolts on the lower part of the frame in this pic. The wiring harness is attached to the frame, so take your time separating it. You have to unbolt the fuse box, but don't be scared. Definitely disconnect the battery first, lol.
qLbnymGxLH1bUBHW_nEjaBo5v0yoNf7t2CC-STBJZutQfaHljJabEPmXXReiH-zk1f5_Xqra9db57BgBhw=w1266-h950-no.jpg

cool thanks.... Battery???? LOL I wish I had a battery in it... I had to fix rot where the strut tower goes into the frame rail, where the 2 bolts hold the key member on... I pulled, motor, and all suppsnesion, rear, everything... lol... (rebuilt motor while it was out) had rear done... I'm hoping to start putting it back together come spring when the weather start warming back up... really only thing left to pull out is carpet and dash...

Congrats bud . Manir was a cool dude I believe he's the owner . I met him at mustang week we did the dyno day together . He said he was originally from NY if i remember correctly
Thanks man! I'm starting on Monday and I can't freaking wait!!! Manir isn't the owner, but he runs the shop. Everyone there is super cool, one of the main reasons I'm so excited about this opportunity. Their love of foxbodies helps a little too, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
cool thanks.... Battery???? LOL I wish I had a battery in it... I had to fix rot where the strut tower goes into the frame rail, where the 2 bolts hold the key member on... I pulled, motor, and all suppsnesion, rear, everything... lol... (rebuilt motor while it was out) had rear done... I'm hoping to start putting it back together come spring when the weather start warming back up... really only thing left to pull out is carpet and dash...
Best of luck to you! I just got off the rot trail, it was a long road! I have thousands of pics if you need any reference when putting it back together.

Well, I got the job! I didn't even need to drop any names, lol. It's basically my dream job and I'm still pinching myself that I even get to work there. I'm going to be doing electrical wiring and new part assembly and anything else I can get my hands on for an incredible classic car restoration shop here in Mooresville. They even have done a couple amazing foxbodies. I'm starting next week and I can't freaking wait. This will probably change how I finish my project, so I'm excited for that too. I'd like to show up on the first day with my car on a dolly, but I'll play it cool until I feel things out more, lol.
Very cool man. Very cool.