Progress Thread Down For A Decade - Got The Job!

So I found a set of wheels this weekend :D Steeda Ultra Lite I 17x9. There are 5 of them new in the box!!! I already have three of these wheels in chrome that were damaged by Tire Kingdom and replaced under warranty and I've been searching all over the country to find one more. These popped up only a couple minutes from my Dad in FL and I had to buy all of them. He scooped them up for me yesterday and they are headed my way! I am thinking about polishing or painting them, but they are so pretty that I'll probably just run them as is for awhile. I may have two of the chrome wheels widened for drag radials or keep extras just in case.

I'm still doing a bunch of welding and grinding, nothing really picture worthy. I should have my wiper motor hidden by this weekend though, stay tuned...

LvcpB6nMim2hj64FvEzUeGPpptpgQNMI-hK6A7_psBF2TNLaenB1sgGeqtV9Gx9Or2p2uQ1-oJNbbFKqgY=w949-h1265-no.jpg

1vofy9d5gAuDfr0KPJmjw7O91oC2H2IhL3ZGhlZKLIL2tWNNdfhUTAWu15yrqx9XRbNVnepQtbPec_cMcw=w949-h1265-no.jpg

0xTEzUu6_YV76fqP2b2YwPPSr7E2JJMn645D8dgKJQ4_EN1yCi5OFFzPM9cuQULhfYY5G2y2xZCw8ezOZ4=w1024-h768-no.jpg

I would keep those wheels silver. Silver wheels look great and are seriously underrated, in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

What do you do when you're knee deep in a project without an estimated completion time? Buy another foxbody of course!!! :O_o::D I convinced my wife that I needed a cheaper daily and was shopping around when I came across this car. I talked to the seller, ran the VIN and went and snagged it the next day. It was a Friday afternoon and he already had a few beers in him, so I pulled out the cash and got a great deal! 1988 LX auto, medium shadow blue, 111k miles, 2 owners, lived in the same NC town it's whole life. The body looks rougher than it is, the interior is mismatched, but it runs and shifts great. The car is all stock except he removed the air pump, put on knock off flowmasters, installed ugly ass yellow plug wires and a msd coil. It does have the stock air silencer still in place though! I'm going to put it back to bone stock and drive the hell out of it.

I swore to my wife I wouldn't work on the fox until I cleaned up my truck and got it ready to sell, LOL!:rlaugh: When I got it home that night, I backed into the carport and pulled the e-brake up. The next morning I went to move it out of my wife's way and when I let the handle down and put it in gear, it wouldn't roll forward at all. I jacked up the rear and the driver side wheel wouldn't budge. The parking lever spring was broken and the cable was binding and wouldn't release. So I did a complete rear brake job right then and there! New wheel cylinders, shoes, hardware and I swapped both side e-brake cables from another roller I have. You should have seen the look on her face when I started working on it, hahahaha! :fuss: I've already swapped out the aftermarket TPS and IAC for OEM stuff I had, the coil is next. Then I'm going to put in a new radiator, change all of the fluids, get all of the lights working and it should pass inspection. I can't wait to drive a fox everyday again!!!

I'll probably start another progress thread for her, but here's a few quick pics:
RxIe761o-7ya57oYHtXYWbmTOGxuhdy2HojvqgsEvHiZV9zwKxOn5gODfYsXAJI5LMCLBccY8oTwxSFBwA=w1266-h949-no.jpg

ZUL_q6GtnejHur7CQAnUx_CqcK_shN5neMhnsAobD44eSJonRuncEzRafKNiHByS5nM_c7XAo5mvFmDPxQ=w1266-h949-no.jpg

tDE-ITEjjY-6j1gbxnvVWoabxA-TiQ6mvnXadkDiSgb7fhVvVw7wauGtzP2mGX3J-aPhykbudQ-57EuOwQ=w1266-h949-no.jpg

JmqvJHg2laVUD721c_HtH0-42U5D9LPKksU_IevOqixWBfE46QEnNh1VSDjfRzvfoSB2G7bkQTyf1VvqsQ=w1266-h949-no.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Hey, dont knock the yellow plug wires! J/K, the only reason I have them is because they were free. Nice work on a "cheap" daily. Its gonna get modded, and/or broken and take money from your project!!!
I can't talk smack either, here is my project car 12 years ago sporting those yellow wires, haha. Maybe he got them to offset the purple and red zip ties on the A/C line! I have a garage full of stock fox parts to keep this hatch running for the next 20 years. It will take some time away from the build, but at least I'll be riding in a foxbody while I make the project car just what I want it to be. I'm also making a career change that could really speed things up. Like being able to work on my car at work ;) Stay tuned...
2WQh1I-CsWlEf-ksqM2XRxGC3UdtGfZhwR5KEBnlLrMMXbEEykaGcdNWrRQBbZzTY3agF1yJdvyO0NWyew=w1266-h950-no.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Good for you man:nice:. Maybe I should consider buying a fox that actually runs for a change.:shrug:

How goes the OF (original fox)?
Thanks man! I was hurting to drive one again since I sold my 4 banger earlier this year.

The OF is coming along slowly but surely. Almost done in the bay, got to mock stuff up and then it's off to paint. I went black friday crazy and bought a bunch of Holley stuff, including an EFI system :cool: I have an interview tomorrow that could really change things for me to. Don't want to get too excited yet, but I'm hopeful.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks man! I was hurting to drive one again since I sold my 4 banger earlier this year.

The OF is coming along slowly but surely. Almost done in the bay, got to mock stuff up and then it's off to paint. I went black friday crazy and bought a bunch of Holley stuff, including an EFI system :cool: I have an interview tomorrow that could really change things for me to. Don't want to get too excited yet, but I'm hopeful.
Well good luck brother, i hope it works out for you.

What do you do when you're knee deep in a project without an estimated completion time? Buy another foxbody of course!!! :O_o::D I convinced my wife that I needed a cheaper daily and was shopping around when I came across this car. I talked to the seller, ran the VIN and went and snagged it the next day. It was a Friday afternoon and he already had a few beers in him, so I pulled out the cash and got a great deal! 1988 LX auto, medium shadow blue, 111k miles, 2 owners, lived in the same NC town it's whole life. The body looks rougher than it is, the interior is mismatched, but it runs and shifts great. The car is all stock except he removed the air pump, put on knock off flowmasters, installed ugly ass yellow plug wires and a msd coil. It does have the stock air silencer still in place though! I'm going to put it back to bone stock and drive the hell out of it.

I swore to my wife I wouldn't work on the fox until I cleaned up my truck and got it ready to sell, LOL!:rlaugh: When I got it home that night, I backed into the carport and pulled the e-brake up. The next morning I went to move it out of my wife's way and when I let the handle down and put it in gear, it wouldn't roll forward at all. I jacked up the rear and the driver side wheel wouldn't budge. The parking lever spring was broken and the cable was binding and wouldn't release. So I did a complete rear brake job right then and there! New wheel cylinders, shoes, hardware and I swapped both side e-brake cables from another roller I have. You should have seen the look on her face when I started working on it, hahahaha! :fuss: I've already swapped out the aftermarket TPS and IAC for OEM stuff I had, the coil is next. Then I'm going to put in a new radiator, change all of the fluids, get all of the lights working and it should pass inspection. I can't wait to drive a fox everyday again!!!

I'll probably start another progress thread for her, but here's a few quick pics:
RxIe761o-7ya57oYHtXYWbmTOGxuhdy2HojvqgsEvHiZV9zwKxOn5gODfYsXAJI5LMCLBccY8oTwxSFBwA=w1266-h949-no.jpg

ZUL_q6GtnejHur7CQAnUx_CqcK_shN5neMhnsAobD44eSJonRuncEzRafKNiHByS5nM_c7XAo5mvFmDPxQ=w1266-h949-no.jpg

tDE-ITEjjY-6j1gbxnvVWoabxA-TiQ6mvnXadkDiSgb7fhVvVw7wauGtzP2mGX3J-aPhykbudQ-57EuOwQ=w1266-h949-no.jpg

JmqvJHg2laVUD721c_HtH0-42U5D9LPKksU_IevOqixWBfE46QEnNh1VSDjfRzvfoSB2G7bkQTyf1VvqsQ=w1266-h949-no.jpg
Nice "daily" bro. Now put a shift kit in it and slap a turbo on it!!!

Well, I got the job! I didn't even need to drop any names, lol. It's basically my dream job and I'm still pinching myself that I even get to work there. I'm going to be doing electrical wiring and new part assembly and anything else I can get my hands on for an incredible classic car restoration shop here in Mooresville. They even have done a couple amazing foxbodies. I'm starting next week and I can't freaking wait. This will probably change how I finish my project, so I'm excited for that too. I'd like to show up on the first day with my car on a dolly, but I'll play it cool until I feel things out more, lol.

Reactions: 6 users
Well, I got the job! I didn't even need to drop any names, lol. It's basically my dream job and I'm still pinching myself that I even get to work there. I'm going to be doing electrical wiring and new part assembly and anything else I can get my hands on for an incredible classic car restoration shop here in Mooresville. They even have done a couple amazing foxbodies. I'm starting next week and I can't freaking wait. This will probably change how I finish my project, so I'm excited for that too. I'd like to show up on the first day with my car on a dolly, but I'll play it cool until I feel things out more, lol.
I'm happy for you bro but..........I'm not sure a Congrats are in order. Anytime you make a paycheck at a place where you could spend it it isn't a good thing, especially if you're a car enthusiast. :(

Reactions: 1 users
I'm happy for you bro but..........I'm not sure a Congrats are in order. Anytime you make a paycheck at a place where you could spend it it isn't a good thing, especially if you're a car enthusiast. :(
I'ts not like I'm going to work in a gun and beer store, hahaha! You don't have to congratulate me, whatever. It's not like I'll be spending all my money on restoring classic cars. I already have a huge pile of parts waiting for my project. Just to have access to a full shop is all that I need to finish my car exponentially quicker than it would have gotten done in my own garage. If you can't see this as an amazing opportunity like I do, then you're looking at it the wrong way.