drag coefficient/CD - 05 vs 04

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know, but you can't really tell just by looking. It's all in the details. There are some pretty boxy looking cars with great aerodynamics. Some Volvos, Audis, etc. I don't think the new Mustang could possibly be worse than the current one, because the current one is terrible. I don't remember the specific numbers, but a 2004 is not much better than my 1986, if at all!

Haven't been able to find any numbers for the 2005 GT, but here is what I was able to dig up for some late model Mustangs (and the C6 for comparison :D). I also couldn't find anything about classic Mustang aerodynamics. :shrug:

1989 Mustang GT Convertible: 0.40
1989 Mustang GT: 0.38
2003 Mustang GT: 0.36
2003 Mustang Mach 1: 0.36
1994 Mustang GT: 0.34
1993 Mustang Cobra: 0.34
2003 Mustang V6: 0.33
2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6: 0.28

(&) said:
I don't know, but you can't really tell just by looking. It's all in the details.

You are correct. Take a look at the overhead views of the 2005 Mustang and you will see that the front end is suprisingly curved. The windshield & windshield rake are very important too. And the rear end can be very important. The way the present Mustang sucks dirt and dust onto its rear bumper I'd say there's room for a lot of improvement on how air leaves the body.

351CJ said:
You are correct. Take a look at the overhead views of the 2005 Mustang and you will see that the front end is suprisingly curved. The windshield & windshield rake are very important too. And the rear end can be very important. The way the present Mustang sucks dirt and dust onto its rear bumper I'd say there's room for a lot of improvement on how air leaves the body.

Yeah, my guess is that the new car actually has a lower CD. I guess they haven't released number yet.

Im no expert but the mustang looks like an aerodynamic nightmare, that huge mouth it has can not be good. I think its the aerodynamics that limit the car to 140mph because it should go faster then that. My freinds 260hp cts will do that. Thats just my .02.