Drag radials guys,at what rpm can you launch??

bock

Founding Member
Jan 7, 2002
Montreal,Qc
i wanna buy sticky tires, drag radials or real slicks?

i ran 110mph on street tires ,idle lauch,i would like to be able to launch at 4000-5000 rpm... can some drag radial andle this? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The tires themself are up to it....with at least a 275 imo. I did this launching from 4500rpm, dead hook and booom.

Attachments

• broken.JPG
    broken.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 609
I pulled a 1.5 60 foot with only 300 HP at the wheels on Hoosier Quik Time Pro 27x10.5 dot cheater slick. The actual tread width is 9 inches. I know guys like to use 10 wide 26 and 28 tires but I didnt want to beat my rear qrtrs to make them fit. These tires fit great on a 15x8 rim with 5-1/2 backspace. The damn tires hook so good they tore my upper torque boxes clear off with only 3 passes and blew my Pro Auburn in 5 passes. I leave at 5500 RPM. Runs onsistent low 12 at 110.00. As far as driving on the street they are great and even without tubes they dont lose any air. :nice:

stangbear427 said:
How do you guys with your drag radials do in the rain? (or don't you?)
I run BFG KDW's. They are an excellent tire in the rain. I wouldn't go around like an idiot trying to dragrace civics, but they provide traction in 3rd 4th and 5th unlike my usual tires. So you know, KDW stands for Key features, Dry and Wet.

Jon

i trap just about 100mph even, with sub 2.0 60' times, so whatever you get out of that, powerwise (225 or so)
and i used to use BFG 255/50/16 drag radials, my best 60' was a big release at about 4700 rpm or so, i didn't quite dump it, but i might has well have....i can't really explain what i did, but yes, DEFINATLEY between 4500-5000 rpm, bfg rocks :nice:

bock said:
Jkstang78

the phenolic spacer..... good ,bad, ? i have one, never install it.

Didn't notice anypower difference and track times are about the same, A little slower thow. I was launching at 4000 with a stock t-5, and ran 12.79 at 105 ,and I was lauch at 5500 with a tremec, and my best time is a 12.85 at 105. 12.79 was without the spacer and 12,8 is with the spacer. But I have done a lot of different stuff to the car whole new susension and the tremec. so tring to dial this new combo in.

stangbear427 said:
How do you guys with your drag radials do in the rain? (or don't you?)

I got caught in the rain with my et streets 2 fridays ago it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I had the car up to 45mph and was in 5th gear. got home just fine, just a little weird tring to brake with skinnys on in the rain.

86Cobra said:
I drive in everything- that's why I asked. Trying not to be stupid...
Right now I go at least the speed limit rain or snow with no dificulty; thought some Nitto 555 DR's would go nice with my Extremes up front, but I don't want to screw myself. This car never goes to the track, I'm just looking for a little edge around town. Not if it's going to only work when the sun is out though

The rain

My 555r's are fine in the rain I have about 8,000 miles on them and they have seen lots of rain this year in the D.C. area. I drive my car every day and have even used these tires in some light snow with out any major drama. I certainly would avoid this if at all possible, but it can be done. They are fine on wet roads as long as they have some tread and the water is not more then 1/8-1/4 deep. They will hydroplane very easily though if there is any standing water.

If you were using this as your only car I would recommend some all weather front tires with good deep tread.

Dan