drag / street suspension set up - What to buy for s/c application ?

68 & 00 GT

May 14, 2003
HOUSTON TEXAS
I'll be ordering a intercooled Novi 2K w/in 1-2 days. I plan to get some 15in Welds, and Nitto DR's for the track, but what other suspension mods can I get / do that will really shine on the street as well as the track. So far I have Eibach Pro Kit, and Max Motorsports rear LCA's, and that's it.

I'm thinking something like subframes, torque arm, panhard bar, upper LCA's, and 70/30 Lakewood shocks struts. I need a d/s safetly loop, and what else ? Upgrade axels, or am I OK w/ ~400 RWHp, on DR's.

I probably can't get it all now, but what are the must haves here to get first, what brands, and where to buy is all appreciated.

Thanks - I know my catback will give me some probs too, but I really want to keep it. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

68 & 00 GT said:
I'll be ordering a intercooled Novi 2K w/in 1-2 days. I plan to get some 15in Welds, and Nitto DR's for the track, but what other suspension mods can I get / do that will really shine on the street as well as the track. So far I have Eibach Pro Kit, and Max Motorsports rear LCA's, and that's it.

I'm thinking something like subframes, torque arm, panhard bar, upper LCA's, and 70/30 Lakewood shocks struts. I need a d/s safetly loop, and what else ? Upgrade axels, or am I OK w/ ~400 RWHp, on DR's.

I probably can't get it all now, but what are the must haves here to get first, what brands, and where to buy is all appreciated.

Thanks - I know my catback will give me some probs too, but I really want to keep it. :shrug:

IMO,

Before you do anything, get the subframe connector installed! Stop your body from twisting. This is a must!.

After you do that and being you plan on doing the supercharger first. I would get the supercharger installed and see how well that goes. Spend the money to have it tuned properly. You cheap out on that and you could blow your engine. Once you have the engine squared away, then move on to the suspension. You can install a PHB which will greatly reduce the amont of latteral movement the rear axle does. But untill you install the T/A, thats when you will see the full effect of a T/A PHB setup. Also once you install a T/A you will have to install stiffer springs because of the removal of the upper conrol arms. It's almost like you have to do it all at once so it depends on how much money you have left over after you are done modding the engine.

Rob

Which stiffer springs ? No UCA's :bang:

By the way I'll never road racr the car. I just want straight line traction.

BTW -
bird said:
I would get the supercharger installed and see how well that goes. Spend the money to have it tuned properly. You cheap out on that and you could blow your engine. Once you have the engine squared away, then move on to the suspension. Rob

Yeah as soon as it's all on I'll either go have it re-dyno tuned by Housotn Performance since I have a tuned Autologic chip already, or I'll do the adaptive tune from T & J. One or the other.

68 & 00 GT said:
Which stiffer springs ? No UCA's :bang:

By the way I'll never road racr the car. I just want straight line traction.

There is a good chance you will still have to get a 350lb spring for the rear vs your stock (if thats what you have right now) 300lb springs weather you road race the car or not if you install a TA. From what I understand once you remove the upper contol arms, the weight of the rear now rest on the springs/lower conrol arms. If you don't increase the spring rate in the rear after installing the TA, then there is a good chance you will get wheel rub when you launch and take turns.

Rob